new trivium vid!!

I dont like this band but I dont undstand people who rip on them for the sake of ripping on them. They are decent musicans and all .

I dig it. These guys seem like they try to cover new territory on each album and get better as musicians and writers. Not sure why people hate them so much. I mean... I've taken part in my share of Trivium bashing I suppose... because it is funny... but at the end of the day I've still bought their albums.

Only reason I dont like them now, is because i went to see them along with Machine Head and Lamb of God... i think...

anyway... I didn't like being blinded by lazers while they didn't even bother to play the songs decent enough...

I might still buy this new cd, though...

I dont like this band but I dont undstand people who rip on them for the sake of ripping on them. They are decent musicans and all .

I rip on all musicians that are just decent. :lol:
No, but seriously though, I dont really think that they are that good musicians either, not that they are bad musicians, but theres nothing special to them in my eyes.

I rip on all musicians that are just decent. :lol:
No, but seriously though, I dont really think that they are that good musicians either, not that they are bad musicians, but theres nothing special to them in my eyes.

I agree, however I think that is why they are so popular with beginning musicians. It's an attainable goal and it's fun, rewarding music for beginners to play even though it's not very hard.

I will say though, that I am increasingly digging Matt's vocals. He keeps it aggressive and melodic in a way that very few vocalists are able to pull off.

Ive always hated their sound, because you always get in a groove when you hear those awesome thrashriffs, then they fuck it all up by throwing in a crappy emosection in each and every song!

Edit:
(Waiting for the flaming too start. D: )

Not gonna flame, but I don't understand this mindset regarding metal and (GASP!) s-i-n-g-i-n-g...

Ozzy, Megadeth, Pantera, Opeth... are these bands emo because they have vocalists who actually try to hit (GASP AGAIN!) n-o-t-es?

You say you get into a groove with their "awesome thrash riffs"... well why not leave it at that? It's not like their songs are super choppy and just have unrelated parts thrown together (30 Seconds to Mars :puke:).

I agree about Heafy's vocals. He can sustain notes within his screams. This is NOT fucking easy to do well. Few vocalists can do this, but he is doing it well. And it does appear that his vocals are getting better.

I don't like Trivium that much. They have some good parts and some bad parts. But they ARE talented AND quite young AND quite accomplished AND they've probably worked harder at their craft than anyone here over the past few years because they are extremely successful. That does NOT just fall into your lap... not even if you're Jesus. Even HE had to walk around and talk to people and heal prostitutes and stuff.

Anyway I didn't make it through the whole video/song. I got bored.

:Smokin:

IT had potential up until the vocals kicked in, and i think the chorus was pretty decent (reminded me of soilwork). Overall pretty middle of the road. I also hate how they were touting that this album wouldn't have sample replacement, yet it's sample-city. Regardless the mix sounds good.

oh man, after hearing some of the earlier samples i was thinking WTF! colin richardson did to the mix, but this clip redeemed the earlier samples.

so far after hearing the interviews, such as complaining about replacements and reamping(my god, if we had enough time and money to spend in the studio yeah we wouldn't need them) i would say its doing ok so far, ill have to wait the the release to final my opinion.

Not gonna flame, but I don't understand this mindset regarding metal and (GASP!) s-i-n-g-i-n-g...

Ozzy, Megadeth, Pantera, Opeth... are these bands emo because they have vocalists who actually try to hit (GASP AGAIN!) n-o-t-es?

Ozzy, Megadeth, Pantera and alot more bands are REALLY awesome, and I love vocalists with a broad range, but seriously, the singer in trivium cant be compared to Ozzy, Dave Mustaine or Terry Glaze/Phil Anselmo.
He sounds just like every f-ing singer does now days, he doesnt have ANYTHING special to offer, and if you seriously say he does, then you clearly havent listened to metal the last 10 years(Not saying he is bad, but his really not good.).

You say you get into a groove with their "awesome thrash riffs"... well why not leave it at that? It's not like their songs are super choppy and just have unrelated parts thrown together (30 Seconds to Mars :puke:).

I think the parts are almost unrelated.
Sure, they usualy go in the same key and atleast a similar scale, but still they get it too sound like a different band, doing a completely different type of music.

I don't like Trivium that much. They have some good parts and some bad parts. But they ARE talented AND quite young AND quite accomplished AND they've probably worked harder at their craft than anyone here over the past few years because they are extremely successful. That does NOT just fall into your lap... not even if you're Jesus. Even HE had to walk around and talk to people and heal prostitutes and stuff.

Sure, they are talented, but I dont think its enough to say that they really are a good band(Even though they are not bad.).
And actually, fame seems to fall in the lap for some.
Like my old band, we played a very unique style, that no other band on this earth is playing(Think Judas Priest kicks In Flames in the nuts.).
After 8 gigs or so the guy who signed Hammerfall apperently knocked on our drummers door saying he wanted to help our band to the top(Too bad our band broke up and everybody hates eachother now.).

Edit:
P.S.

If you didnt already know this, im more of a fan of singing then growling(Even though I love Thrash and some Death too.).

I'm indifferent about trivium, but I hate mindless bashing. Unless its funny. So I guess im a hypocrit. Cool.

Cool mix also.

Joe

I thought the intro was neat, then it seemed to lose some of that dramatic tension it was building up to once it went into the actual song...

The bridge seems way out of place, almost like a completely different song.

I actually kind of like "The Crusade" vocal style a little bit more. I could understand it a bit more, although it was a bit Hetfield-ish.

Love the production and mix. I'm pretty sure it'll be enjoyable, just not as good as I hoped it'd be.

I agree, however I think that is why they are so popular with beginning musicians. It's an attainable goal and it's fun, rewarding music for beginners to play even though it's not very hard.

I don't think I understand what you're getting at here.
Since when is a good song judged on how difficult it is to play?

First example that comes to mind: Sepultura.

Easy riffs, especially post-Arise, and that is what made the biggest impact, musically and regarding their fan-base in the Max-Era (referring to Chaos AD and Roots). The new stuff isn't difficult either, but I don't see why it should appeal mostly to beginner players. True, I understand that it would have more appeal since beginners are always scavenging for new songs to play and tuck under their belt, especially by established bands, however, I got the impression that you judge a song by how difficult it is to play.

Fine, so if a band writes "easier" material, then it should appeal to beginners more than veterans because they've surpassed that level of playing?

I don't think one should take such an elitist approach. A good song is a good song, even it its written on two notes in my opinion.

I could be wrong with interpreting you, however I just wanted to state my opinion on what I understood.

Back on topic:

Regarding Trivium, I hated them and always will due to their commercial attitude and I can't stand that Matt guy. Nothing defines 'poser' better than him.

However, in all honesty, this is the first Trivium song I can say I liked, even partially.

Mix was the dog's bollocks amazing.

Since when is a good song judged on how difficult it is to play?

First example that comes to mind: Sepultura.

Easy riffs, especially post-Arise, and that is what made the biggest impact, musically and regarding their fan-base in the Max-Era (referring to Chaos AD and Roots). The new stuff isn't difficult either, but I don't see why it should appeal mostly to beginner players. True, I understand that it would have more appeal since beginners are always scavenging for new songs to play and tuck under their belt, especially by established bands, however, I got the impression that you judge a song by how difficult it is to play.

Fine, so if a band writes "easier" material, then it should appeal to beginners more than veterans because they've surpassed that level of playing?

I don't think one should take such an elitist approach. A good song is a good song, even it its written on two notes in my opinion.

I could be wrong with interpreting you, however I just wanted to state my opinion on what I understood.

Back on topic:

Regarding Trivium, I hated them and always will due to their commercial attitude and I can't stand that Matt guy. Nothing defines 'poser' better than him.

However, in all honesty, this is the first Trivium song I can say I liked, even partially.

Mix was the dog's bollocks amazing.

Yeah man! Don't you know that AC/DC has the hardest songs to play? That's why only good people listen to them!

RIIIIIGHT...

There is a big differance between playing simple stuff, and simplistic stuff. Trivium tend to do the later.

But, I was suprised. It was good, I liked it. I've always thought Trivium were an example of how lame metal has gotten, with the GROWLINGSCREAMINGHEAVEYISUCKATTHEGATESDICKS parts, followed by the pantera groove riff with harsh singing with a huge emo chorus following. Like "Gunshot To The Head..." thats a perfect example.

And while some of that still apply to Trivium, since to me they seem to be to busy sounding like other bands glued together than to really grow their own unique sound, this was good and I will definently check the album out. Production is of course sounding really good, but I didn't expect any less with the kind of financial backing they must have.

I like 30 Seconds to Mars :guh:

I loved Matt's vocals on Carpharnaum, definately better agressive vocals than he has done with Trivium, and if you haven't heard carpharnaum definately check it out, but I heard it is hard to find.

Since when is a good song judged on how difficult it is to play? ..... Fine, so if a band writes "easier" material, then it should appeal to beginners more than veterans because they've surpassed that level of playing?

+1

I for example can play alot of Gilbert and Petrucci stuff, but hell, one of my favorite songs to play is Back In Black by AC/DC! Go figure! :lol:

But I myself was more on the track that I dont get that good song vibe from Trivium.
I think that their songs are "bad", but not their riffs etc.
But hey, Im not affected by that your guys listening to them, so il just stop my bitching right here and end it all with: _I_ think they are bad songwriters in _MY_ opinion(Not true or false.).