Trivium: Shogun - Down From The Sky video

Ascendancy was one of the first metal records I ever bought and that was in like 7th grade. I do not find them great at all anymore, they seem almost immature.

Edit: Fuck, so I listened to that video. Horrible.

Ascendancy was one of the first metal records I ever bought and that was in like 7th grade. I do not find them great at all anymore, they seem almost immature.

I don't see what Immaturity has anything to do with this song?

I thought it was ok. I'll just leave it at that.

Actually the verses were kinda cool... I really liked his vocals in them. The rest of the song, not so much, but I wasn't really expecting anything good.

I actually kinda dig Ascendancy. Had some cool parts.

yeah seriously trivium can't decide who to rip off, why don't they just stick with one? first they wanted to be melodic trendy metalcore, then they got more rockish, then they wanted to totally be metallica and even sang the old songs with the new hetfield vocals and now they want to be soilwork/gothenburg? seriously how can some people be stupid enough to actually follow and enjoy this band and think they're something good? definitely not the next maiden or metallica, that would be embarassing.

yeah seriously trivium can't decide who to rip off, why don't they just stick with one? first they wanted to be melodic trendy metalcore, then they got more rockish, then they wanted to totally be metallica and even sang the old songs with the new hetfield vocals and now they want to be soilwork/gothenburg? seriously how can some people be stupid enough to actually follow and enjoy this band and think they're something good? definitely not the next maiden or metallica, that would be embarassing.

just think of them as a metal ass polka band and it really aint so bad

:lol: they're just fucking playing raffle of bands to rip off.

"What'd you get heaffy?"

"Bah! twisted sister"

edit - "We're not gonna have it, NO~! We aint gonn have it! WE'RE NOT GONNA HAVE IT ANYMOOOOOORRREEEE!!!"

Many will criticize this band...but it's the "only" band that can be embraced by every metal fan just like Maiden and Metallica..I'm not comparing them to those bands, but Trivium's influences are of course from these bands, but once Maiden and Metallica call it quits, Trivium will be handed down the torch.

i assume you are joking... this is some of the most bland and uninspired tripe i've ever heard

Well, I did hear one of the new Trivium songs the other day & I thought it was pretty decent. Not great, just kinda cool.

As far as who the next Metallica is going to be... I don't know if there will be one. If there is one it will definitely have to be a band that gets plenty of FM radio/MTV play like Metallica did when they struck gold. I don't think Trivium gets any FM radio/MTV play. They are probably one of the best contenders for the title though. I'm not saying I really like them, because I don't, I'm just saying my thoughts on the subject.