new contest!!! lead guitar

deathstrike from hell

Deathstrike lambtron
Aug 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
im interested in your opinions in the top 3 metal lead guitarists of all time. this is in your own humble opinions, and u can cross any genre of metal (i.e. death thrash speed) then we'll be able to finally dissolve the dispute. im rooting for mr. loomis

I vote for Chuck as the greatest metal lead player of all times. The others I'm not so concerned about, but Chuck was brilliant and highly original.

(1) Ritchie Blackmore
(2) Tony Iommi
(3) Eddie Van Halen

I am inclined to change my mind on the 2 and 3 positions at any given time, with Steve Vai, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and myriad others battling for spots. Although I like a lot of the power/death/thrash metal guys of more recent vintage (particularly Loomis, Dimebag, the In Flames duo, and Michael Arnott), I always prefer the "masters".

BEST

1. Fredrik Thordendal (Turned music inside out for me)
2. Jeff Loomis (Words mean nothing?)
3. Zakk Wylde (Rock 'N Roll!)

WORST

1. Yngwie Malmsteen (no one can compete with that dickhead)
2. Michael Romeo (Boring)
3. Luca Turilli (Come on!)

Oh, and please don't be offended with my opinion that Malmsteen is the worst player ever.

Hard to choose, but Chuck Shuldiner is my personal favorite, then Jeff Loomis, and Alex Skolnick.(These are my personal favorites) Honorable mention: Zakk Wylde, John Petrucci, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Yngwie Malmsteen, K.K Downing/Glenn Tipton, Dave Murray/Adrian Smith/Janick Gers, Chris Degarmo/ Michael Wilton, Fredrik Thordenal, Tim Calvert, Pat O' Brien, Dimebag Darrell, Randy Rhoads, Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix.

On Malmsteen, my brother is a huge fan and is front and center for every tour. He dragged me to the last one at the Palladium in Worcester and although Yngwie isn't my favorite, either, I was pretty impressed. He's a one-trick pony, but it is a hell of a trick. Anyone heard his Concerto? Yngwie, man, the soloist is supposed to take a rest once in awhile.

Originally posted by DracWell
BEST

1. Fredrik Thordendal (Turned music inside out for me)
2. Jeff Loomis (Words mean nothing?)
3. Zakk Wylde (Rock 'N Roll!)

WORST

1. Yngwie Malmsteen (no one can compete with that dickhead)
2. Michael Romeo (Boring)
3. Luca Turilli (Come on!)

Oh, and please don't be offended with my opinion that Malmsteen is the worst player ever.

Exactly, he IS a dick head...but no guitarist can compete with him. He reigns supreme.

i think im ready with my list in no order whatsoever'
randy rhoads (it upsets me G.W. picked hammet over randy for best guitarist ever
malmsteen
jason becker
jeff loomis
john petrucci (technical dickhead)
steve vai
pat o brien
the triple threat of iron maiden (any band with 3 leads is beyond amazing)
joe satriani (for teaching just about EVERYone how its done)
kirk hammet (for listening to satriani)
dave mustaine (may he once again play guitar, though unlikely)
clapton (although not metal, still one fuckin amazing guitarist)
and my last choice is a very overlooked guitarist....al dimeola

worst guitarists
fear factorys obese idiot dino
pick any member of slipcock, mudgayne
dousche bag darrel
six feet under

im glad u guys took to the contest. it was my original plan to get a contest going to get the best lead bass drums and singing, and create like a dream band, much like people do with sports, only it'd be metal. it'd be our votes, and who knows, maybe it'd happen (yeah right hahaha)
id like to see rob halford and bruce dickenson with van williams on drums yngwie and loomis on lead and jim sheppard and les claypool on bass. like a new freakin cool we are the world