NEW Cryptopsy...

The8thPlague

Halfman,Halfbeast:DEMIGOD
...whatcha think?

Canadian death metallers CRYPTOPSY have posted online a new track entitled, "The Pestilence That Walketh in the Darkness (Psalm 91: 5-8)", at this location. The track comes off the band's forthcoming album, "Once Was Not", due out October 18th through Century Media Records. The cover art for the album has been uploaded at this location.

It's certainly a bit different.

Damn, Cryptopsy! Sounds quite different than we're used to, aye?

That song I think is so-so. Its cool how they blend the tradtional sound with a sort of spooky one. I'm sure it will grown on me more, most metal does. The song didn't really blow me away though.

Remember that new song Carrionshine? At least there is more traditional sound also coming.

I heard track 7 of the new album, sounds completely different of the sample they gave. So people, don't worry, you'll have your traditionnal stuff on the new album.

The production on this is lower than the rest of the albums? Was that a finished track? Plus I wasnt to keen on the song grabbing my attention, some of the wordd are said off time, probably on purpose, to me it just outs out of time, or like a mess up. Long time Cryptopsy fan here to, well ill see whats up with the rest of the album.

new Cryptopsy sounds awesome.

so should new Decapitated with their new vocalist...

the band i have little hope for, is Vehemence.
sadly enough, they have a metalcore vocalist now.
Glass Casket fucking sucks.
I am afraid that the new Vehemence lyrics will be just as lame.

Come on guys. Remember Chuck Schuldiner? Sound of PERSEVERANCE.
So why aren't you persevering?
I don't want any EMO in my Vehemence!

Do the forum and moderator a big favor and stop wasting your time in our forum and move on. No one really tolerates that kind of idiotic behavior, your posts will be erased if you continue to just bash the band. Go to a different kind of forum for that, just not the band one, this place is for people with new positive interest, friends, and fans ONLY. Don't talk to me about the band Death man, you have no clue.

Regurgitated Guts said:
new Cryptopsy sounds awesome.

so should new Decapitated with their new vocalist...

the band i have little hope for, is Vehemence.
sadly enough, they have a metalcore vocalist now.
Glass Casket fucking sucks.
I am afraid that the new Vehemence lyrics will be just as lame.

Come on guys. Remember Chuck Schuldiner? Sound of PERSEVERANCE.
So why aren't you persevering?

Ignorance is Bliss eh?

you fucking elitists I swear to god, OH NOES, THE NEW VOKILLISNT DOESNT DO ONLY LOW GUTTERAL GROWLS, OH NOES SELL OUTS

and Glass Casket isnt Metalcore brah
and have you ever heard Vehemence?
their is so much fucking emotion in thier music, you cant listen to God Was Created and tell me that its not a emotional album, the music and vocals

and Vehemence are persevering

Main Entry: per·se·vere
: to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of counterinfluences, opposition, or discouragement

they seem to be getting alot of shit for having a singer from the metalcore scene yet they still continue to persist with all the discouragement people have been giving them

the new album will be fucking brilliant just like the other, unlike you have faith that my fav musicians are gonna, again, release another killer album

and a big FUCK YOU for talking shit to them on THIER forum!!
thats just fucking disrespectful

On another note, Adam will be getting a MySpace account soon, let alone a computer, and will also be posting in this forum to meet all of you guys. He’s going to be new to the computer world so we will all help him out a bit. The GC album, through out the record from what we heard from Adam he said it was about some very personal stuff that went on in his life only, I think our Vehemence album wont have the personal lyrics style but will be similar to Helping The World To See, and move on to some more issues. Ill keep you folks updated.

I think the new Cryptopsy sounds okay, but the production is poor... Where is the guitar? Yes, Flo is an amazing drummer, but turning up the drums so loud they drown out everything else is not a good way to make a good cd...

Lord Worm's vocal delivery, from what I've heard of this album, is quite varied... The styles of the songs is varied as well. This was sort of their experemental song from the bunch, from what I know. I've heard the album has been leaked, but I do not have a copy...

Alrighty... my friend found the new album on Direct Connect and passed me a copy. I'm really digging the new Cryptopsy CD. Lots of their traditional sound and lots of new sounds. Yeah, it seems they got the drums way loud on it. I thought I might be dissappointed with the somewhat "experimental" sound. Damn though, they pulled it off, you dudes will really like this new one!

I've got the leak as well.

It's a pretty good album, alot different to None So Vile, especially in Lord Worm's vocal delievery. Unfortunately it sounds a bit like he is losing his voice, his vocals aren't quite as low pitched or uh...long (?) as they were on None So Vile and Blasphemy Made Flesh. It's more like short grunts now. Flo's drumming is awesome, but I'd agree that it's far too high in the mix.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was my top album for this year.

Regurgitated Guts said:

haha i tricked you fucking metalheads! One riff in God Was Created is directly influenced by sunny day real estate. one part in Darkness Is Comfort I drew influence by Trail of Dead. Add some metal distortion and no one fuckin knows! So... you unknowning had a little dose of "emo" in vehemence already. oh yeah, cryptopsy... haven't heard it.

satanicnugz said:
Alrighty... my friend found the new album on Direct Connect and passed me a copy. I'm really digging the new Cryptopsy CD. Lots of their traditional sound and lots of new sounds. Yeah, it seems they got the drums way loud on it. I thought I might be dissappointed with the somewhat "experimental" sound. Damn though, they pulled it off, you dudes will really like this new one!

I have the leak now as well, loving this cd... Like every other Cryptopsy cd, it has its own identity, but there are still threads tying it to their earlier material...

Can't wait to get my hands on an actual copy, especially to see the lyrics!

FuckYouIWantToDie said:
haha i tricked you fucking metalheads! One riff in God Was Created is directly influenced by sunny day real estate. one part in Darkness Is Comfort I drew influence by Trail of Dead. Add some metal distortion and no one fuckin knows! So... you unknowning had a little dose of "emo" in vehemence already. oh yeah, cryptopsy... haven't heard it.

Yes indeed, we all listen to different kinds of music as stated in all interviews, that is if anyone cares to read them. They have been warned hah. This should have had its own topic. But yeah, some music is inspired from very different sources away from the metal genre, ive even pulled riff ideas from sounds I hear or stuff on television. Inspiration comes at anytime, and I think its very important to have some kind of recording mechanism with you at all time so that the idea is not lost.

This album is pretty mediocre. DiSalvo was their best vocalist, and Whisper Supremacy was EASILY their best album. I'm a drummer, but I agree that the drums are just way too overpowering. This could have been so much more.

I agree 100% with that, I loved None So Vile with Lord Worm and Blasphemy but Mike's vocals and live presence was awesome, and I miss the guy in Cryptopsy's sound. And Then Yull Beg was the best production for them I think.

yeah in all honesty, I know Lord Worm is praised for his work but I cant his vocals on NSV & BMF, I just think they're straight up horrible.
You ever try reading along?...IMPOSSIBLE! No syllabal pronunciation at all.
Mike was great on Whisper, but not that good on &TYB.
But I'm still gonna pick up this new one.

DiSalvo sucked. I never listen to WS or ATYB, besides Cold Hate, Warm Blood, but i love None So Vile and the new album. Lord Worm has one of the best stage personas ive ever seen, and his vocals are brutal which fit more with the brutal music than DiSalvos wimpy yell did.

I know we all have opinions on these matters.

I think Lord Worm is/was a better choice for Cryptopsy. For me Mike D. sounded like Max C. from Soulfly or something. Plus listen to the music, you need Lord Worm's raw sound. I'm sure some want to be able to hear the words. When I think of Cryptopsy I think of pure chaos, Lord Worm's sound goes good with the chaos I hear in the music (like on Crown of Horns, this song compliments my above statements).

I must say Cryptopsy is my favorite super heavy band that doesn't blow.

edit: also Wolftribe I think you should listen to those 2 albums before you make such a bold statement about how Mike D. sucks.
edit2: errrr maybe you never listen to those albums kuz of Mike D., or you never have listened to those CDs, either way, accept my apologes for misreading your statement.