NEW Cryptopsy...

1. I can follow along with Lord Worm. You need to get used to his style.

2. DiSalvo is a very typical vocalist. He is very raw, he yells really hard. He doesn't do anything daring, he doesn't change his vocal tone AT ALL. He does run about a bit on stage, but I wouldn't call that amazing stage presence. He is a solid vocalist, but he certainly doesn't suit Cryptopsy as much as a death-metal vocalist, which he is not.

3. Lord Worm is a death metal vocalist. He is unique and uses a whole load of vocal techniques from inhales to throat constriction to brutal low exhales... In terms of ingenuity and using his voice as an instrument, DiSalvo doesn't even compare to Lord Worm.

4. If you compare DiSalvo to Lord Worm on announciation, of course DiSalvo is the "better" vocalist. This would be like comparing Corpsegrinder to Eminem and saying Eminem is better because you can hear what he says. This is not a good way to rate death-metal vocalists.

5. Both are good vocalists, stop bitching about one or the other. Each has their own style. I just think that a death metal band should have a death metal vocalist, especially one as innovative and unique as Lord Worm.

6. As a vocalist, DiSalvo is not someone to be as respected as Lord Worm, there is less to learn from him in terms of style and technique. He is a tough guy and certainly gives it his all, but he isn't about making a vocal tone, he is all about angry delivery. This is more suited to the hardcore scene than tech-death, I think...

DiSalvo is a good vocalist. But to say he is better than Lord Worm is to piss all over death metal vocalists everywhere... If you care about announciation so much, then death metal vocals probably aren't a style for you.

If you really want to appreciate Lord Worm, FORGET ABOUT THE LYRICS FOR A WHILE. Forget about Lord Worm being a vocalist in the sense you'd normally think of him. Think of him as more as another instrument... As our guitarist once put it, "He sounds like someone getting murdered..."

He's excellent in terms of what he does. He goes for pure vocal tone and basically says "fuck announciation." This is why so many people hate him...

The more you listen to his vocals, the more you'll probably appreciate them. He does literally hundreds of different vocal sounds from the Ungentle Exhumation demo to None So Vile.

I will say that the new CD is probably his worst vocal performance to date... I still enjoy it, however. He seems to be more audible this time around, at the expense of vocal tone. There is also the fact that he hasn't been doing vocals for 8 years or so, and is now back in the fray... Pretty damn good for such a long hiatus, I'd say....

TheEvilJudsus said:
It's probably my least favourite song on the cd, to be honest...

Although it does fit into the CD better as a whole... Hard to explain... One of those "concept album" things.
i guess ill have to hear the album. im not even the hugest cryptopsy fan, though i do get in the mood for them every now and again. and they are sick live. my favorite song is cold blood warm hate or something like that.

abigailwilliams said:
i guess ill have to hear the album. im not even the hugest cryptopsy fan, though i do get in the mood for them every now and again. and they are sick live. my favorite song is cold blood warm hate or something like that.
or maybe reverse those words, i dunno its been awhile

Yeah, the CD is best listened to as a whole. I though at first this song wasn't that great, but now I love it. Also the remastered version of Carrionshine rules!

SubjectRuin said:
satanicnugz, that is the craziest fucking sig i've ever seen
Thanks, I stole it from someone in a forum that will remain un-named (different website).

Also can't wait to see Cryptopsy, they are coming to Regina, Sask., I will be there!

I had a ton of fun at the san diego show...I hung out with aborted for a bit too. gave them my thanks. Suffocation was amazing as always...met frank mullen and terrance by their bus afterwards. met some of cryptopsy by the merch place...however their set was pretty short..about 6 songs or so. I do not know the reason why, maybe they informed everyone of the reason but I was drunk at the time and so was one of my buddies. my arm is in a sprint now because of aborted's set. my drunken fault, not their fault. Sven said he hit his hand on the monitor too so it was all good.