new cryptopsy

If the story is true, they are quitting not to please the fans (hence the "closed minded" comment again), but to avoid getting slammed. It simply isn't worth it to them at this point. If it is not within them to make tech death, they will never again get it right. I was never a fan anyway, but Flo is acting childish (in both articles) to what should have been a predicted response from such music. Metal fans are harsh critics, but this music is absolutely ridiculous.

Once was not is their best album. Whisper Supremacy is good, but lacks replay value...

Well, I listened to the one new song on their MySpace & it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone's making it out to be. It was pretty DeathCore-ish, but I didn't hear any hints of Limp Bizkit, POD, Korn, or 50 Cent like how everyone is saying. Maybe that's on the other new songs...? Anyways, I will wait until the album comes out to really pass judgement. It might suck, but it's nothing worth blowing up over.

What the fuck, I will still support Cryptopsy even if the new album has guest vocals from Jessica Simpson & Fred Durst & a Carlos Santana guitar solo. "Worship Your Demons" is not all that bad & there's always hope.

With that, here are some pictures I got off another board :p :lol: lulz

failtopsy.jpg

28b8glh.jpg

951d31e88f.jpg

cryptopsy.jpg

gothcryptopsytj3.jpg

39210d6f66.jpg

crypt.jpg

There's really no point in getting worked up over this. So a band went from irrelevant to shitty and are going to make more money because of it. Good for them I say

How are they going to make more money because of their change in sound? EVERYONE on teh internets fucking hates this new stuff.

I'm sure there are some br00tal sc3n3 kids out there who will like it.

br00tal sc3n3 kids without computers? I thought all scene kids were rich little punks with nice computers?

I don't really know how old most people on this board are, but I'm about to be 24. Not many of my friends listen to metal. I play guitar & now bass in a band, work full time, & on top of that I have a life outside music. I keep very busy. I really could give two shits what kids are into these days & I have better things to worry about. If a band SOUNDS shitty I will just not listen to them. I listen to a lot of music where I barely even know what the band members look like; nor do I care.

I'm not trying to defend this new album, I'm just saying - in general how I feel about these negative claims made against a lot of bands.

How are they going to make more money because of their change in sound? EVERYONE on teh internets fucking hates this new stuff.
First of all this forum is not representative of most people into metal. Even the noobs here are usually better than most of the population.

Second of all if the internet was in anyway representative of the real public Ron Paul would be president and there would be no age of consent laws

I'm not sure that this specific record will sell many albums, but bands like Despised Icon and Chimaira are (as far as I know) much more commercially successful than bands like Cryptopsy or Suffocation. So the idea is that Cryptopsy could make more money by getting in on the metalcore audience regardless of losing their tech-death fans.

First of all this forum is not representative of most people into metal. Even the noobs here are usually better than most of the population.

Dude, I never said anything about this forum; or any forum. EVERYWHERE on teh internets people are bashing their new stuff, not just on forums. Reviewers bashing this kind of stuff is a very bad sign.