New Daylight Dies track

Good stuff, once again. Sounds more and more like new era Katatonia (not a bad thing though). Cool use of a the wah for the solo, don't hear that too much in this kind of metal.

So I thought I would revive this thread since the record hits Europe today and the States tomorrow.
I have temporarily posted a higher res MP3 here in case you are interested.
As with last time, I recorded everything and Jens Bogren mixed. Let me know if you guys are interested in any specifics about the recording.
Thanks!
egan

That's some good shit man, I remember hearing another album from you guys a while back from a friend of mine. Awesome production and songwriting.

~006

Man, sounds killer Egan - to be perfectly honest, though, I think I prefer the guitar tone on "Dismantling...," it has more presence in the upper mids that I prefer, which I feel these are a bit lacking (probably due to the Mesa oversized cab, if that's what you did indeed use); it's probably just something I'll get used to, though, and it still rocks! The snare sounds fantastic; a great "pop" - how'd you mic it, if you don't mind me asking?

The one thing that really hits me is how fucking huge those drums sound, and Egan dude, your bass is always mixed nice and high, which I like :D

Which amps did you use on this for the guitars, 5150 and Triple XXX again? Sounds huge man.

Yep, same amps-- a 5150 II and a XXX but with a meas oversized instead of the old ultra cab that we've used in the past. On DD it was mic'd with a 57 and a 609silver but this time around I used a 57 and an i5.

Man, sounds killer Egan - to be perfectly honest, though, I think I prefer the guitar tone on "Dismantling...," it has more presence in the upper mids that I prefer, which I feel these are a bit lacking (probably due to the Mesa oversized cab, if that's what you did indeed use); it's probably just something I'll get used to, though, and it still rocks! The snare sounds fantastic; a great "pop" - how'd you mic it, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm surprised you are hearing more upper mids on dismantling since I there is such a clarity difference in the cabs (in the favor of the mesa)....but perhaps I (and then Jens) spent more time trying to get some clarity out of the ultra-cab which resulted in something nice. My secondary mic for DD was more mid-focused than the secondary I used this time which probably made a difference as well.

The snare sounds fantastic; a great "pop" - how'd you mic it, if you don't mind me asking?

The snare was mic'd w/ a single i5 on top but much (if not all) of what you are hearing is from the Jens Bogren sample vault so I am afraid I can't take much credit there.

I want my fucking album.

And the shirt.

But they're not here.

Fortunately, I did my laundry recently, but still... you can never have too many shirts.

Oh well.

Jeff

I want my fucking album.

And the shirt.

But they're not here.

Fortunately, I did my laundry recently, but still... you can never have too many shirts.

Oh well.

Jeff
Hey Jeff,
I can actually tell you that your shit is on the way as I packed it myself and scrawled "thanks Jeff" on it with a sharpie.
Actually I think everything has shipped out at this point.

Awesome, thanks.

I should have enough clean shirts to last until it comes in... the waiting game is never fun...

So, annoying question of the year - when's the next tour coming through S.A.?

Jeff