egan.

daylightdies.com
Dec 28, 2002
NorCal
www.daylightdies.com
Out now!
$7.99 on Bandcamp.
$8.91 on iTunes
CD's $12 shipped US and $18 for the rest of the world.
Thanks for your interest and support!

Hey Guys. My band Daylight Dies is releasing our 4th full length on Candlelight Records this coming October 9th. I produced and tracked and Jens Bogren did the the mix master. Jeff Dunne did a bunch of editing and both he and Kyle Odell really helped me out with neurotic tone searches. Spammy details below.

A Frail Becoming

1. Infidel
2. The Pale Approach
3. Sunset
4. Dreaming of Breathing
5. A Final Vestige
6. Ghosting
7. Hold On To Nothing
8. Water’s Edge
9. An Heir to Emptiness

www.daylightdies.com
facebook.com/daylightdies

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoked to finally hear the final product. The songs on this record are insane and the raw drums sounded incredible so it's no surprise that this turned out so well. Congrats on this one, definitely something to be proud of. Hope we can hang on the next tour!

that trailor was totally about to make me throw my money at you...but then it stopped before the music kicked in. never heard of em before i joined the forum, but their live vids on FB are fuckin SICK! I got some friends that are gonna love this stuff :D

I wish I could post audio samples but with the release so far off the label is holding on to stuff. We shot a video for a song which will probably be out sometime in the next few months. In the meantime here are some random tracking pics:
DDAFB1.jpg

DDAFB2.jpg

DDAFB3.jpg

DDAFB4.jpg

DDAFB5.jpg

DDAFB6.jpg

DDAFB7.jpg

Shit, I'm excited for this. I was just reading the press release on your website.. no way it's been 4 years since your last album, I remember clear as day you posting Portrait in White here on the forum. Any plans to come to Australia once this is out?

Thanks Morgan. We definitely would love to come to Oz this time it's just super tough to make the money work. We'll see though. The right promoters could certainly make it happen.

Egan, care to share your impressions on a few things? Namely differences in your tracking vs. what Jens sent back - are you hearing a lot of sample replacement? Use of room mics vs. reverb vs. room samples? What did you send over for the guitar tone, and did it come back sounding heavily processed? Same question for bass tone.

I almost bombarded you with these on fb but figured others would be interested, as well. From what I can tell the drum sounds sans-snare sound really close to what the raw tones were, so I'd be surprised if there was much sample use there.