my band Daylight Dies announces our new record

I'm really late to the game here. But this post by Jeff stirred my curiosity:

You're a fool of a Took if you're not into Daylight Dies. It's like if Opeth and Katatonia took their son off his depression meds.

I'm glad I listened to the track posted above! Holy hell, Egan. This sounds fantastic. I think I'll have to pick this up!

After listening to A Final Vestige once, I really dug it.
After about 10 or so listens......dear god this song is fucking amazing.
Must get this album when it's out

God yes I can't wait. It's been a long time since I've really gotten into a metal album.. but this is like heavy soft music. Beautiful chords, so pleasant to listen to, despite teh br00tz.

Glad you like it. Rhythms are quad tracked with a an LTD sc w/ an 81. Two tracks of 5150 II w/o a boost and two of a DR with a ts9. Everything went through a recto cab mic'd with a 57 and 421.
Leads are a little trickier. I used the 5150, orange channel DR or red channel DR for different stuff. I also used a XXX in at a couple of spots. The guitars used for leads were an ESP MII, a Jackson DK2S, the LTD SC, and a Roscoe LP.
Cleans were the SC, the DK2S and the Roscoe. 90% were through a fender blues deluxe but the insanely effected stuff is pod farm (or pod farm layered with the amp).

^Thanks for the info. They sound great. In fact the whole production is awesome.

I wish I can work with Jens Bogren sometime in the future, he has become one of my favorite metal producers.

Grabbed it on iTunes. Thankfully I have a door I can close here at work so I can crank it up. Sounds fantastic even on shitty PC speakers. Great job, Egan!

Hi, I'm a journo. Just dropping by to say A Frail Becoming is my album of the year so far. It's pure excellence within every little musical bit. I especially love the beginning of "An Heir To Emptiness" - that unpleasant drone turns to musical brilliance in mere seconds, completely unexpected! I bury myself into it at least 3 times daily and I can't get enough. And giving it an almost perfect 10 was an immense pleasure. Thanks for the awesome, dark music!