New Demons and Wizards in 2010

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
"Hansi and I have planned late in 2009 to get together to do DEMONS (& WIZARDS) stuff so that’s going to be cool. We saw each other in Cologne (earlier this year) and made plans and I think it’s realistic to say that there will be a third DEMONS & WIZARDS album probably mid- to late 2010."

http://www.icedearth.com/

Seems to be old news (March), but I never heard about it.

That will be fucking COOOOOOOL! :headbang:, the last one is an excellent album, so I'm confident on the next.

I think it's simply a waste of time.
I know people like to work with different artists, but if the output isn't THAT far off from what you are already creating with your primary bands, then what is the point?

I love both BG and IE, but let's face it.
They are both out of fresh ideas, and have long since released their masterpieces.

If these guys are seriously considering another D&W album, I think it speaks more about the future of their primary bands than anything else.

They couldn't even bothered getting together to write the last one.

Zod

I heard/read an interview with Jon sometime within the past few months and he referenced that sentiment. He specifically pointed out that he wanted to wrtie in person with Hansi this time.

I think they truly see it as a fun project - they just enjoy putting out albums together and don't really care about how well it's received.

I heard/read an interview with Jon sometime within the past few months and he referenced that sentiment. He specifically pointed out that he wanted to wrtie in person with Hansi this time.
While that's definitely a positive, I have to agree with Jasononic, these two have given all they have to give and are on empty.

I think they truly see it as a fun project - they just enjoy putting out albums together and don't really care about how well it's received.
I think this started as two friends who respected each other musically, and wanted to write something together. I think this has since become an easy paycheck, for those softer erconomic times, when their primary band is between discs. But... I'm not basing that on anything but my own perception.

Zod

I enjoyed both discs, although I do like the first one better, and though I agree with the sentiments that these bands have:
1) seen their finer days
2) it is similar in style to their respective bands
and
3) they merely look to bring in some extra coin during downtime

I'm still looking forward to a new D&W because:
1) these are still 2 of the upper tier power metal bands
2) they play in the vein of power metal I personally like the most
and
3) their half-assed "get it out there" side-project still blows away about 50% of the power metal bands out there.

While that's definitely a positive, I have to agree with Jasononic, these two have given all they have to give and are on empty.

I think this started as two friends who respected each other musically, and wanted to write something together. I think this has since become an easy paycheck, for those softer erconomic times, when their primary band is between discs. But... I'm not basing that on anything but my own perception.

Zod

Power metal for a paycheck is like gaining 100 lbs to get laid.