Demons & Wizards to receive Headbanger's Ball premiere this weekend

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
DEMONS & WIZARDS's video for the track "Terror Train" will receive its "Headbanger's Ball" premiere this Saturday, October 8 beginning at 10:00 pm. EST/7:00 p.m. PST. The clip, which is available for viewing at this location, was shot on location in Gothenburg, Sweden with director Roger Johansson (THE HAUNTED, DARK TRANQUILLITY, IN FLAMES, NAPALM DEATH).

Tune in to Headbangers Ball on MTV2 this Saturday, October 8th, at 10 p.m. EST/ 7 p.m. PST to catch "Terror Train", the new video from Demons & Wizards.

As previously reported, DEMONS & WIZARDS's sophomore album, "Touched by the Crimson King", was released in Japan on September 22 with the following bonus tracks: "Lunar Lament", "Wicked Witch" (slow version) and "Spatial Architects". The CD also includes the "Terror Train" video.

The follow-up to the group's 2001 self-titled CD, "Touched by the Crimson King" features an appearance by ICED EARTH/HALFORD drummer Bobby Jarzombek.

DEMONS & WIZARDS is the collaboration between Kürsch and Jon Schaffer of ICED EARTH.
----

I have some plans this weekend but am hoping I will be home to catch this. Will be very cool to see this band on tv. The more exposure the better. Need more great power metal on MTV.

Cool.

Speaking of the new Demons and Wizards, does anyone know if the lyrics give away the end of the Dark Tower Series? I'm only half way through book 6 . . .

Robin

Yes, the lyrics detail Roland's death at the hands of Grimace. Who knew that an ambulatory purple blob from MacDonalds could get so pissed off? Kind of anticlimactic if you ask me.

ReaLM said:
Cool.

Speaking of the new Demons and Wizards, does anyone know if the lyrics give away the end of the Dark Tower Series? I'm only half way through book 6 . . .

Robin

I know who Demons and Wizards are but am not familiar with the music. Are the lyrics based on a writing ? And what is the Dark Tower Series?

ReaLM said:
Cool.

Robin

Nope...Terror Train is all about (as I'm sure you could guess) Blaine the Mono. The lyrics in the other 3 DT related songs (Crimson King, Seize the Day, and The Gunslinger) don't give anything away about the ending. Theres maybe like one or two lines in the Gunslinger that *relate* to the end of the book, but they're so vague, they won't even have any real meaning to you unless you read the book :).

edit: I actually just finished book 7 a few days ago. The ending is great IMO, you will not be dissapointed.

FatesFan said:
I know who Demons and Wizards are but am not familiar with the music. Are the lyrics based on a writing ? And what is the Dark Tower Series?

4 songs from the new Demons & Wizard album are based on a series of novels written by Stephen King called "The Dark Tower." It's his magnum opus, the first novel was among the first he ever wrote back in the early 70s, and the final one (7th in the series) was just finished two years ago. They are such an integral part of his writing career that many of his other novels also tie into the Dark Tower series in one way or another (especially Insomnia, Salem's Lot, and Hearts in Atlantis).

Hansi's main band, Blind Guardian, also had a song about The Dark Tower called "Somewhere Far Beyond."

Well at least we are guaranteed one good video on HBB this weekend!!!!

That show needs some revamping, if I have to see the Lamb of God "back hair" clip one more time I'll scream!

Yngvai X said:
4 songs from the new Demons & Wizard album are based on a series of novels written by Stephen King called "The Dark Tower." It's his magnum opus, the first novel was among the first he ever wrote back in the early 70s, and the final one (7th in the series) was just finished two years ago. They are such an integral part of his writing career that many of his other novels also tie into the Dark Tower series in one way or another (especially Insomnia, Salem's Lot, and Hearts in Atlantis).

Hansi's main band, Blind Guardian, also had a song about The Dark Tower called "Somewhere Far Beyond."

Thanks.

The Dark Tower series is one of the Stephen King things I haven't read. Maybe someday, when I have lots and lots of time. :p

Phrozenspite said:
whats the chronological order for the series? I've only read the talisman and black house?

Well neither of those are in the Dark Tower series, but do relate to the series. The chronological order is:

I: The Gunslinger
II: Drawing of the Three
III: The Wastelands
IV: Wizard and Glass
V: Wolves of the Calla
VI: Song of Susannah
VII: The Dark Tower

Dark Tower related:

'Salem's Lot
The Stand
The Talisman
It
The Eyes of the Dragon
Insomnia
Rose Madder
Desperation
The Regulators
Bag of Bones
Black House
From a Buick 8
Skeleton Crew
Hearts in Atlantis
Everything's Eventual

Since I don't have MTV II I just arranged to go to my friend's house to see this :D And do a contest to win a CD and poster!

Tune in to Headbangers Ball on MTV2 this Saturday, October 8th, at 10 p.m. EST/ 7 p.m. PST to catch "Terror Train", the new video from Demons & Wizards.

I have some plans this weekend but am hoping I will be home to catch this. Will be very cool to see this band on tv. The more exposure the better. Need more great power metal on MTV.[/QUOTE]

Wow I'm surprised they are playing this video. jejeje Mtv however can still suck dick! they can play video's from any actual metal band and they will never win my attention over.