Demons And Wizards - album cover and new song sample

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
d_and_w_booklet.jpg

A one-minute, 45-second sample of a new DEMONS & WIZARDS track, entitled "The Gunslinger", is available for download at this location.

"The Gunslinger" comes off the group's upcoming sophomore album, "Touched by the Crimson King", due on June 27 via SPV Records.

The follow-up to the group's 2001 self-titled CD, "Touched by the Crimson King" (view cover here) will feature the following track listing:

01. Crimson King
02. Beneath These Waves
03. Terror Train
04. Seize The Day
05. The Gunslinger
06. Love's Tragedy Asunder
07. Wicked Witch
08. Dorian
09. Down Where I Am
10. Immigrant Song (LED ZEPPELIN cover)

The digipack version will include a bonus CD containing the following songs:

01. Lunar Lament
02. Wicked Witch (slow version)
03. Spatial Architects
04. Beneath These Waves (radio edit)

Contrary to Internet rumors, "Touched by the Crimson King" is NOT a concept album based on the "Dark Tower" series of Stephen King, but merely contains some songs related to it.

DEMONS & WIZARDS is the project featuring Jon Schaffer of ICED EARTH and Hansi Kürsch of BLIND GUARDIAN. Joining the duo behind the kit is current ICED EARTH/HALFORD drummer Bobby Jarzombek

Sounds better than I expected... though Schaffer should think about changing his sound for once... he has been using the same since 1999. Let's see if the rest of the album can have some solid riffs like on this sample. (solid riffs that were absent on TGB)

I listened to the sample earlier and really enjoyed it. I like the colors on the front cover, although overall it looks a bit too Iced Earth-y. I liked the first one's cover art better, but I'm not complaining.

I'm looking forward to this album, definitely.

I don't really like the cover either. The wizard simply looks gay and the demon looks too cartoonish. The cover for the first album was good... but this one is shit.

This can be a little detail to you, and actually it is to me too, but am I the only one who finds the drum snare absolutly annoying!!!! It is damn too loud! haha. But I wanted to know, who is drumming on this album? It is a quite decent drummer, is he from Iced Earth?

{D|aBo|uS} said:
This can be a little detail to you, and actually it is to me too, but am I the only one who finds the drum snare absolutly annoying!!!! It is damn too loud! haha. But I wanted to know, who is drumming on this album? It is a quite decent drummer, is he from Iced Earth?

i hear it, but it sounds intentional. if anything i think they need to turn the guitars down with it. the cymbals aren't heard enough. i just hear the snare and the guitars and vocals and some kick... guitars slightly intersect with the same EQ range as the kick so its hard to bring out the kick if the guitars are that loud.

as far as the cover is concerned: i like it. but it is a bit cheesy in that it goes along with the name of the band. can you explain why the wizard looks 'gay' i think the drawing is fine, but doesn't compare to the first album at all.