new demonds and wizards

mReEtTaIlRsEkD

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
DEMONS & WIZARDS, the project featuring Jon Schaffer of ICED EARTH and Hansi Kürsch of BLIND GUARDIAN, have set "Touched by the Crimson King" as the title of their sophomore album, due June 27 via SPV Records.

The follow-up to the group's 2001 self-titled CD, "Touched by the Crimson King" will feature the following track listing:

01. Crimson King
02. Beneath These Waves
03. Terror Train
04. Seize the Day
05. The Gunslinger
06. Love's Tragedy Asunder
07. Wicked Witch
08. Dorian
09. Down Where I Am
10. Immigrant Song (LED ZEPPELIN cover)

There is currently talk about DEMONS & WIZARDS filming a video for their version of "Immigrant Song". However, at press time, this has not yet been officially confirmed.

that album will suck, Schaffer can't write songs anymore.
The title made me think of the family guy joke with the movie " Touched by an Angel "
In a justice court, the laywer says:
" Little Billy, can you show us where the angel touched you?"
Kid points at his penis.
:lol:

i don't think shaffer sux now, people are just tired of his unoriginality. he should have called the band: maiden priest
the albums do offer diversity and stuff, but they don't hold your interest very long anymore. sometimes those ideas just come to you, othertimes they don't.
today i was really thinking about how much he rips off the riffs of priest and maiden.
at the time i got into IE i had never heard maiden much or priest. so i got into them first. and since i've heard the songs so much, its hard to let go, kinda like metallica.
but when i really listen to them i realize they ain't anything that special.

Schaffer does suck, but the first D&W album came out while Iced Earth was in mid-suck, and it rocked my world. So I have hope. Besides, I see at least two songs clearly inspired by the Dark Tower serious, which rules. Hell, looking at some of them, the whole album could be about it, with the exception of "Dorian."

Too bad that they ripped off an album Schaffer could never touch.

ALL HAIL KING CRIMSON

In_the_Cou_m982548.jpg

Wolftribe said:
"touched by the crimson king"
Is this an album about pedophiles?
that's what I said ;)

The first D&W disappointed me a little. I was expecting it to be much heavier.
What do I expect on this one??? Nothing really... TGB showed us that Schaffer has no more ideas in terms of song writing and when he doesn't use his gallops of doom he uses simple and boring riffs. It shows that he never took any guitar courses. He should also let the other band members have some input in the song writing process. This way, he could keep them in the band a little longer and the songs would show more diversity.

But, we all know Schaffer is an egoist prick who wants everything and all credits for himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he did kick Hansi out of D&W :lol:

AsModEe said:
that album will suck, Schaffer can't write songs anymore.
The title made me think of the family guy joke with the movie " Touched by an Angel "
In a justice court, the laywer says:
" Little Billy, can you show us where the angel touched you?"
Kid points at his penis.
:lol:
wtf?!?!? you lose!

AsModEe said:
The first D&W disappointed me a little. I was expecting it to be much heavier.
What do I expect on this one??? Nothing really... TGB showed us that Schaffer has no more ideas in terms of song writing and when he doesn't use his gallops of doom he uses simple and boring riffs. It shows that he never took any guitar courses. He should also let the other band members have some input in the song writing process. This way, he could keep them in the band a little longer and the songs would show more diversity.

But, we all know Schaffer is an egoist prick who wants everything and all credits for himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he did kick Hansi out of D&W
:erk: you make me sad.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Im still gonna check it out, because Fillder On The Green will always be one of my all time favorite songs.
you WIN!! :)

They should not be covering Immigrant Song. Since it was clearly the first viking metal song it should be reserved for a subsequently influenced band.

Lordlucid said:
1.wtf?!?!? you lose!

2. :erk: you make me sad.

1. It's not really easy for me to relate something in english that happened in a show I saw in french. I know I made it bad, but oh well. It was only to state the fact that the album sounds like it's about a pedophile

2. Sorry for making you sad.