News on Demons & Wizards

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
SPV Records confirms details regarding the second DEMONS & WIZARDS album. It's gonna be called "Touched By The Crimson King", comes out on June 27th and the tracklist is: ‘Crimson King’, ‘Beneath These Waves’, ‘Terror Train’, ‘Seize The Day’, ‘The Gunslinger’, ‘Love’s Tragedy Asunder’, ‘Wicked Witch’, ‘Dorian’, ‘Down Where I Am’ and ‘Immigrant Song’ (LED ZEPPELIN cover). Besides Jon Schafer (ICED EARTH) and Hansi Kursch (BLIND GUARDIAN) features on guitars Ritchie Wilkinson (ex-Angel Dust), on bass Oliver Holzwarth (Blind Guardian) and on drums Richard Christy (ex-Death, Iced Earth).

Well the line up is pure gold, as much as I'm not fond of having a LZ cover (or any cover) if the original music goes in the same vein as the debut this is a real winner.

EW i cant believe theyre actually doing a zepplin cover, *NOTE* im not saying theyre bad, im saying it just so happens i dont care for them....nobodys bitchin me out! :loco:

Wyvern said:
Well the line up is pure gold

And the lineup seems to be wrong...
At least according to www.morrisound.com, Bobby Jarzombek slays the drums on the new D&W and I actually like that better, though Christy's great as well.
But there's only one Bobby J. :worship:

as much as I'm not fond of having a LZ cover (or any cover) if the original music goes in the same vein as the debut this is a real winner.

I sincerely doubt it'd match the intensity of Dark Angel's version... :headbang:

Looks like the Zep song is tacked on to the end... maybe it's a "bonus track".

I think I'd rather have a new Iced Earth or a new Blind Guardian album, but I can settle for a new D&W album. sigh... :)

As much as Thomen leaving BG is hard for me (because I love bands that can keep stable line-ups for years), I'm sure that his departure will not affect BG creativity or quality

I'll check it out, not a priority in my book. That's right even if Schaffer is on there!
I'm not a fan of the singer from Blind Gardian, whatever that troll's name is...
I have the last record, just for the collection...
I'm looking forward to the Iced Earth DVD that's slated for later in the year...
This? Nah...

FIddler On The GReen is gonna be the song to beat from the last record. If they put out anything as close to being as great as that song Ill get it ASAP.

sixxswine said:
I'm not a fan of the singer from Blind Gardian, whatever that troll's name is...

The "troll" is called Hansi Kursch and is one of my favorite singers, I would had expected more from you Sixx :erk: