New Drudkh

Oct 8, 2005
A sample from the album Microcosms
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcOz1mA1SE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

sounds great so far, i'm looking forward to this album.

Wow didn't know about this, I've been waiting for news about it. Definately looking foward to this album, these guys don't disappoint. Nice cover art too.

Wow this is freaking awesome! I love it!

Now I am inspired to actually listen to the Drudkh I have rather than waiting for it to come up in shuffle. Thank you!

Really? I loved Songs of G & S. I thought it was a great departure and a nice chill album. Kind of like The White by Agalloch. Something nice and acoustic when you just want to hang out and not really concentrate on what you are listening to. There should be more albums like this, because metal bands have the magical touch needed to make even acoustic albums great.

Really? I loved Songs of G & S. I thought it was a great departure and a nice chill album. Kind of like The White by Agalloch. Something nice and acoustic when you just want to hang out and not really concentrate on what you are listening to. There should be more albums like this, because metal bands have the magical touch needed to make even acoustic albums great.
Well said man. I think it's just that maybe I don't really understand the Eastern European scale system, so the melodies don't grab me. You can chill to SOGAS, I go into a fuckin' coma. I know a lot of people who really dig SOGAS. It sounds so uninspired, maybe that's how it's performed in the Ukraine.

I agree with Bloodsword, SOGAS is indeed terribly boring. To me it sounds like aimless, sleep inducing crap that would fit perfectly in national geographic.

I agree with Bloodsword, SOGAS is indeed terribly boring. To me it sounds like aimless, sleep inducing crap that would fit perfectly in national geographic.

*Yawn*...what was that, I was just listening to SOGAS and dozed off...:loco:

Agreed, SOGAS is boring and not up to Drudkh's usual level of awesomeness. However, everything else they have released is gold! I even like Estrangement quite a bit.

I was shocked when I heard the clean vocals on this album. They sound good tho, kinda remind me of isis.

Microcosmos is a progression for Drudkh. It sounds like the band has gotten better, both in instrumental prowess and song composition. I hear more lead guitar work, more than any other album. The bass playing is beautifully done. And the drumming is excellent. It's been a good year for metal. get this!!!