New drummer

Welcome Jeff, I'm glad you guys finally picked up a (hopefully permanent) ringer!

Even better! If he sounds good to you, I know he'll be a good candidate. I can't wait to hear some new creativity thrown into the Suspyre blend!

well, I'm glad this is finally out in the open so I could come and congradulate you guys on your fine acquisition!:headbang:

Jeff is a very good friend of mine. We played in a band together in highschool and he's still one of my best friends. Unfortunately my family moved so we never got things too far off the ground but we still keep in touch fairly often and share song ideas and such. I'm sure y'all's fans wont be disappointed in the least. Jeff has a lot to offer and Suspyre is very much the type of band he's always wanted to be in. All in all it should be great!

On a side note, it's through Jeff that I've recently been introduced to your music and I'm enjoying things so far:)

Wow, after watching his drum videos, I am excited for this addition to Suspyre! Definitely seems like a great choice to join the band. Certainly an intruiging style - I hope he can add some more unique flavor to this already incredibly unique and talented band! I'm just a bit curious - how did you enlist Jeff?

Wow, after watching his drum videos, I am excited for this addition to Suspyre! Definitely seems like a great choice to join the band. Certainly an intruiging style - I hope he can add some more unique flavor to this already incredibly unique and talented band! I'm just a bit curious - how did you enlist Jeff?

Jeff came highly regarded by Noah (Arsis, and also bass on A Great Divide) and once we got the chance to meet him and hear him play it was a perfect fit. Jeff is still busy teaching younger kids everything he knows at a performing arts camp, but as soon as he's done we'll be hitting the studio hard to record and get prepared to play shows again.

We're really excited about everything right now and can't wait to get to work.

Jeff actually just e-mailed me this bio. Since the bio pages aren't ready yet for the website, I thought I'd just post it here for a better introduction of our new drummer.

"Jeff Willet has been playing drums since middle school. He stayed in the
school band all throughout high school, and gained a lot from playing in
the Rolling Thunder Drum Line while there. Besides the drum line, Jeff
draws his influences from such drummers as Danny Carey, Sean Reinert,
Jason Rullo, Thomas Haake, Mike Portnoy, Marco Minneman, Gavin Harrison,
and Virgil Donati. Jeff played in band right from the start of his
drumming career, but during high school was when it really started picking
up. His prog/rock band at the time, Ellipse, was playing at a local
coffee house called The Common Grounds. From this came many more
opportunities, and he then joined another prog band, Awakenings. From
there, he joined up with the technical death metal/"grindcore" band
Aborted Existence, and recorded 2 CDs and played many shows. Jeff has
also played with guitar shred-master Chris Gordon and keyboardist Joe
Trainor for a few shows varying in styles from prog rock to instrumental
guitar shred metal to funk/fusion/jazz. He recently attended Berklee
College of Music in Boston, MA, and is teaching at French Woods Festival
of the Performing Arts during the summer of 2007. The following semesters
will be spent at Lebanon Valley College in Annville, PA, where he will
study Music Recording Technology. He is excited to be playing with such
talented musicians, and is very much looking forward to the new CD as well
as upcoming shows, knowing that he definitely has quite the shoes to fill.
Jeff exclusively uses TAMA Starclassic Performer EFX Drums, SABIAN
Cymbals, DW Pedals, and is endorsed by GRINDSTIX. He is featured on
www.SickDrummer.com as well as www.Grindstix.com."