New ESP Guitars and Basses for 2011

the world doesn't need more metallica signature guitars, but that reign in blood one is pretty sick

my thoughts exactly.

who the hell would want to play a reign in blood anniversary guitar? i'm as much of a slayer fan as anyone, but you'd never see me on stage with that guitar.

Hahaha.... Some people do. But, I bet any Kerry King guitar playing fan aint gonna want a Kerry King guitar WITHOUT A FRICKIN' WHAMMY BAR ON IT!! :lol:

I'm saving for an 8 string 28" version of one of these!!:headbang:

and they aren't that cheap anymore, many guys said that there are communication problems
and I know two guys who bought guitars there and got something that wasn't what they ordered
like the wrong pickups, wrong top wood, wrong tuners and a few little mistakes, bad painting and
stuff. I really wouldn't recommend you Ranguitars as long as you don't speak polish, Jaden Rose or
Stinett would be my choice.

and they aren't that cheap anymore, many guys said that there are communication problems
and I know two guys who bought guitars there and got something that wasn't what they ordered
like the wrong pickups, wrong top wood, wrong tuners and a few little mistakes, bad painting and
stuff. I really wouldn't recommend you Ranguitars as long as you don't speak polish, Jaden Rose or
Stinett would be my choice.

Thanks for the heads up!!! That Invader does look SEXY to me. When I video taped Paul I seen Pat's and it was awesome lookin'! That sharp rocket head ooh yeah. Yep, I'm a flying V' guy. And yeah, they aren't cheap.:OMG:

Sorry O.P. for this going off topic. I'm done...

Why 22 frets? WHY?

And also, why red pickups? That guitar really is appalling.

The new Ibanezes look nice, don't they? The Desert Yellow RG is gorgeous, and the new RGD submodels are cool too. I'm just waiting for them to bring back the XPT707FX...

StefTD said:
many guys said that there are communication problems
and I know two guys who bought guitars there and got something that wasn't what they ordered like the wrong pickups, wrong top wood, wrong tuners

Yeah, a friend of mine bought a Horizon (a proper ESP, not an LTD) and thought it came with active EMGs (it said so on the website and still does) but came with PASSIVE (!) Duncans. That's not necessarily a bad thing pickup-wise but it's bad communication, yes.

Bekanor said:
FUCKING ROSEWOOD FRETBOARDS!

I agree... I think rosewood is good if you get a decent slab of it but that pale gingery-coloured rosewood so many companies use now because it's cheaper really fucks me off. It looks really, really horrible, so low-end. Luckily, though all my guitars have rosewood fretboards, they're all good-quality wood. I think, for the look ESP et al are going for, ebony would suit much better.

I wouldn't mind playing Gary's sig if you can get it without the red pups.

As for the ESPs... I just played a brand new EC 1000 last night and it felt like a plastic piece of shit, and it would NOT stay in tune. So, as always, if I want a fixed bridge, I'll stick with Gibson. If I want a Floyd, it's gonna be Ibanez or Schecter.

I've played mabey 1 esp that felt plastic and played and own enough that feel and play better than the competition vs the dozens of ibanez prestiges that feel like there sub 300$ guitars also most gibsons these days feel like utter shit esp as a company has much higher QC on there products then gibson does .
also to slander esp and not schecter is just stupid they are owned and manufactured in the same plant from the same woods and same methods.
they are owned by the same people afterall

I've played mabey 1 esp that felt plastic and played and own enough that feel and play better than the competition vs the dozens of ibanez prestiges that feel like there sub 300$ guitars also most gibsons these days feel like utter shit esp as a company has much higher QC on there products then gibson does .
also to slander esp and not schecter is just stupid they are owned and manufactured in the same plant from the same woods and same methods.
they are owned by the same people afterall

1. I've played several ESPs that felt like they were made of plastic.
2. The prestige series is a joke. The Xiphos and Iceman series are where it's at.
3. Same plant or not, the ESPs I've picked up feel like trash, where the Schecter's I've played had felt pretty damn solid.
4. Get your head in the game. Who the fuck buys a brand new Gibson ?! :rolleyes: Gibbys are like a good wine. You have to let them age. I never buy a Gibby that's less than 10 years old.

4. Get your head in the game. Who the fuck buys a brand new Gibson ?! :rolleyes: Gibbys are like a good wine. You have to let them age. I never buy a Gibby that's less than 10 years old.

ya when they still knew how to make guitars .... Gibby's suck ass nowadys QC on them is TOTAL SHIT!

My issue is neck profile. I cant play BIG necks cause I have nubby fingers. They are like little sausages so I need something with a really thin and wide neck. This is why I go for the ibby's The just fit my hand.

Gary Holt sig really blows.

I just hope the decision to make a V that doesn't look like a Gibson got raped by a Carvin ultra V carries over to their entire V line.

As for the new Ibbys. Maple board JEM, winner. Could have used a black tree of life inlay but it is the mid range one and it doesn't look bad at all with all dots instead of half tree half dots. Probs buy one if they come in under a grand (not likely). New Munky sig is awesome, could have used a maple fretboard though, I mean if you are really going for that classic strat style reimagined into a modern 7 string. Wouldn't mind picking one up but knowing Ibanez it will be no less than 8 million dollars. Everything else is basswood and rosewood and can eat my dick.