new every bridge burned (metal core isk)

Sounds pretty good. The singer sounds like he has the mic in his mouth. The kick sounds kind of fake too...all the hits are exactly the same.

The kick don't bug me much but i have to agree with above post that the singer sounds like he swallowed the mic.....

Music is not bad though just can't get past vocals though :cry:

i dont see a real problem with the kick, didnt do anything out of the ordinary with it compared to my other productions

the vocals were recorded with a shure beta 57, as the vocalist sounded like crap through the condensor using that new "zen of screaming" technique...

it took the dynamic mic, and him cupping it, to achieve the vocal sound

i actually like the way it came out, sounds like bleeding through a few cd's ago

I dig the kick - sounds fine to me. Snare is rad, as well.

Vocals are distorted as hell it sounds like - it's the cupping. Cupping the mic doesn't do anything but boost mids and make everything sound shitty, IMO. He probably sounds terrible live!

The tone of the kick is fine....its just that the velocity makes it sound like every one is the exact same. Like if you would program a beat with dfh or whatever and keep the velocity exactly the same.
Its not that big of a deal but I personally would not allow that in my mix.

What did you do on the kick? Any replacement?

****ok I listened through monitors and it sounds a little better:)**** just a bit too clicky for me but thats my opinion

Sounds really good, me thinks. Those guitars pod xt again? The vocals seems to trail in and out of the pocket depending on what he's doing almost as if some things were double tracked and others not.

Also, I don't see the big deal in the kick, really. Most metal/death/grind/core/etc have kicks with little to no dynamics anyway.

The tone of the kick is fine....its just that the velocity makes it sound like every one is the exact same. Like if you would program a beat with dfh or whatever and keep the velocity exactly the same.
Its not that big of a deal but I personally would not allow that in my mix.

What did you do on the kick? Any replacement?

****ok I listened through monitors and it sounds a little better:)**** just a bit too clicky for me but thats my opinion

That's kinda the point of triggers, keep it within 7-8 solid samples of hard hits, so you don't have too much variance.

i personally like how the vocals sound... they are supposed to be kinda dirty and raw like a live show i guess

maybe i just did a shitty job of bringing it out or making it sound how i envisioned it...

i have a sm7b for situations like this now, so im hoping that will prevent the mid harshness of the beta 57

That's kinda the point of triggers, keep it within 7-8 solid samples of hard hits, so you don't have too much variance.

Yes I know...but through my crappy headphones they sounded too unnatural. Better through studio monitors.

honestly, it lacks the vitality and the immediacy that a lot of your other stuff has..

comes off as sort of pedestrian sounding.

but, i think a lot of this has to do w/the band. the songwriting is very 'meh'.

but, it's too late now.

don't look back and keep on rocking my man.

hmm, well i hope im not losin it, haha

thanks tho, regardless i'll be keepin' it up

honestly, it lacks the vitality and the immediacy that a lot of your other stuff has..

comes off as sort of pedestrian sounding.

but, i think a lot of this has to do w/the band. the songwriting is very 'meh'.

but, it's too late now.

don't look back and keep on rocking my man.

Sounds pretty good, but as CJ said, not your best work. I think the guitars are lacking punch a bit and the kick is dominating the mix a bit too much. I don't mind the vocals though. I like the raw vocal sound you created.

btw. congratulations on the TDWP production! I noticed that it hit the billboard charts pretty high.

if i see one more singer cupping the mic i'm going to shoot him with hatebullets, and after his hate-riddled corpse has hit the dirt i'm gonna piss streams of disdain into every hatred-induced wound, and then i'm gonna torch the fucker's hands with flames of clarity until they're just shriveled nubs so he can't cup no more damn mics ever again.

yeah, that'll teach'm.

did i mention i don't like "cupping"?

otherwise a nice mix joey.

Is the cupping technique giving it that pumping-like effect? It's really distracting me when listening to hear the vocals be at different levels depending on the passage. I really like the mix, however.