my alternative / new-age rock skills

bass = direct in

vocals = at3035 ran flat, as much gain without clipping, compressed to hell and back, then your average reverb and some eq to remove bad qualities in the voice

dont forget the de-esser after the compressor

First off my girl wants to know who the band is so she can buy the cd!!

Second this mix is fucking fabulous dude and I'm guessing you used pod xt again! Now on the bass direct what preamp did you use and any compression on the way in or did you after? I got a sansamp and I'm still slacking with my bass tones still :erk:

Yea dude also thanks for the vocal compression tip the vocals sound Gigantic!!

Man, this sounds great. I'm totally sold on an AT3035... you get the most amazing vocal tones out of that damn mic!

You consistently put out great sounding stuff, it's killer that you share tips like you do. Much appreciated, bro. :)

Second this mix is fucking fabulous dude and I'm guessing you used pod xt again! Now on the bass direct what preamp did you use and any compression on the way in or did you after? I got a sansamp and I'm still slacking with my bass tones still :erk:

on this recording, we electrical taped a wire connecting the bass player to his ground cuz it was broken in the bass, and we ran direct into a firepod

i no longer use a firepod, and i get better bass tones with the rme direct in, which has a limiter built in

sometimes i use the great river too

i use a compression plugin, usually 1176

if there's a lot of flab, i use waves maxx bass and then weed the rest out with c4

Sounds very, very good. Being the commercial bastard I am, I like this the most out of all the bands you've done (although that kind of music is very "2-years-ago", but you have nothing to do with that).

What de-esser are you using? I have very harsh sibilants in my own voice and it is always a struggle to reduce them.

all said, while i really dig the radio compatible full blown autotune on before their eyes this time the longer held notes somehow don't fit. and wheres the acoustic touch you managed to pull off :D at least the chorus could use that allaroundyouwallofsound no ? they wanted it dry all the way ?

Sounds very, very good. Being the commercial bastard I am, I like this the most out of all the bands you've done (although that kind of music is very "2-years-ago", but you have nothing to do with that).

What de-esser are you using? I have very harsh sibilants in my own voice and it is always a struggle to reduce them.

try making your own with c4
but usually i just use the nuendo one, leave it on default and select male

yeah what frequencies are you dessing......i know the high stuff but how far do you go .....3000 and on?

well im not sure what frequency the nuendo is active on, but i use it a lot
sometimes i get some takes that have too much ess action going on that even the nuendo desser cant fix

so i make my own with c4, and i usually just set the q really wide, and start with 5khz for the highest band

all said, while i really dig the radio compatible full blown autotune on before their eyes this time the longer held notes somehow don't fit. and wheres the acoustic touch you managed to pull off :D at least the chorus could use that allaroundyouwallofsound no ? they wanted it dry all the way ?

acoustic doesnt belong in this song bro, and thats more of a production thing

the chorus sounds perfect in my opinion

the band is called seven days away

http://www.myspace.com/7daysaway

the cd comes out this year on wu-saw

about the vocals and held notes, thats the way this dude sings, its weird to hear in person