my latest metal mix (new at the throne of judgment)

Sounds good but on this end the drums sound a bit to much in the background. If you bring them up then I might complain about the bass being to low. Right now it's like the guitars and vocals are on one level and the bass and drums are on a separate level.

well i think i disagree with the drums
any louder and they're going to sound even more fake like metal has become these days

but i can agree the bass should go up, the original mixes, the bass was super loud, and i loved it, looks like i left that out when i finished

anyways, the vocals and guitars are the main focus, so the goal was to accent them in the mix above everything else

I see your point about the drums sounding to fake if brought up.
Like I said, it still sounds good. Just seeing if I could help you to get it sounding even better. :)

vocal chain:
at3035 through mackie onyx into the rme via adat

ssl echannel and waves desser

i was so close to picking up a 3035 because of hearing your vocal sounds; they always sound great!

didn't you recently get a Great River? How did you end up liking it and how do you like the Onyx while i'm at it?

Thanks dude!

i was so close to picking up a 3035 because of hearing your vocal sounds; they always sound great!

didn't you recently get a Great River? How did you end up liking it and how do you like the Onyx while i'm at it?

Thanks dude!

the onyx is pretty cool, wouldnt buy it again tho
the great river owns of course, i just dont use it a lot cuz its expensive as hell and i dont want to mess it up haha; it gets used where it will serve its purpose, of course

like, for vocals or direct bass, its really sweet
guitars too! but i do mostly digital guitar tones

Sounds good! I also dig the vocals. You always have a good vocal sound. I thought you were using at4050, but I guess I remembered wrong... or do you have both 4050 and 3035 ? I'd like to buy a versatile vocal mic (for screams & clean vocals) some day soon and the price of the 3035 sure makes it attractive.

i want the 4050 or 60, and yeah, the 3035 does it all, very inexpensive!

just make sure you have a good pre and nice a/d to go along with it, or you'll have some problems in the 500 hz - 1000 hz area

sorry to go offtopic joey, but i've listened to before their eyes a lot
and its really nice sounding, songs are too pop for my liking but quite cool.
and i got a few questions as you might have guessed :D
so the rectifier was hooked up to a standard 1960 right ?
really powerful sound ! you got some more info on the recording chain ?
and how did you treat the vocals ? did you use autotune or did the singer
sing that precise ? and lastly did you run the drummics into your onyxboard
or do you have some external preamps ?
lots of questions but regard yourself as the fountain of wisdom here :D

come on joey, why is 6 afraid of 7 - thats absolutely pro!
i'd sooo love to hear more about the recording/mixing process puh-leeeeze!

come on joey, why is 6 afraid of 7 - thats absolutely pro!
i'd sooo love to hear more about the recording/mixing process puh-leeeeze!

the drums are fake and programmed
the guitars are going through a boss noise suppressor because my studio is noisey, then into a mesa, which is hooked up to a cab in the live room

no mic on the cab, run a line signal from fx loop send to a direct box and into a pre, then send that to cab simulator plugin on the computer, record the output of that

later at mix down, some eq on the guitars

vocals are compressed as much as possible, and auto tune is cranked all the way up at all times

harmonies are fake and made in the computer

this is how it is done... sad but true!!