new every bridge burned (metal core isk)

if i see one more singer cupping the mic i'm going to shoot him with hatebullets, and after his hate-riddled corpse has hit the dirt i'm gonna piss streams of disdain into every hatred-induced wound, and then i'm gonna torch the fucker's hands with flames of clarity until they're just shriveled nubs so he can't cup no more damn mics ever again.

yeah, that'll teach'm.

did i mention i don't like "cupping"?

otherwise a nice mix joey.

+lol :p

I think everyone is being to nice, the vocals sound like absolute distorted shit to me (and not the good way). Cupping sounds like garbage I can litereally hear clipping at the first scream.

Tell the singer to sing like a real man and get his hand of the capsule.

I dunno, I'd say there's a difference between being "too nice" and showing respect while giving criticism.

Yes, the vocals may not bode well with a lot of us, but to come right out and say "hey your vocal mix sounds like total shit" to a board member that can out-mix 90% of us here is something else entirely. I know I can't mix like Joey can yet, so I'm not going to harsh on him like he's a peer I can compete with. I don't mean to start a flame war, but give the guy a break. It sounds badass overall.

Good stuff as per Joey. Kick sounds great to me. Tracking is spot on, really great job with that, and the mix isn't too bad!

Sadly I'm going to have to agree that the vocal tracks have been really jeopardized by the cupping technique, you can really hear its effect on this.

How often do you get bands to use DFHS when you record? or have you made samples from the DFHS hits? Your drum sounds have a very DFHS sound to them to me, even when you mic'ed up the drums and recorded them live.

Keep it up!

thanks for all the replies everyone! appreciated as always

im glad most of you liked it for the most part

when it came time to do vocals for the first couple of songs, we tried a condenser mic with windscreen, a hand held dynamic mic no cup, and a dynamic mic held with cup.

he only sounded good with the cup, and as someone has already pointed out, the guy should really learn to do it and make it sound good without cupping, because the distortion of the diaphragm sounds nasty

but they dug the sound we got and so did i, so we ran with it, and im not really that dissapointed. i heard the whole cd really loud in a car the other day and almost lost my nut sack... i had no idea my mastering sounded that powerful on a good system. the break down at the end of the first track on the cd blew me away!!

well the cd drops in november, so if anyone is cool enough to buy it, pick it up!! hehe

and again, thanks for the positive remarks and criticism.

till the next mix...,
-joey

Sounds pretty good, but as CJ said, not your best work. I think the guitars are lacking punch a bit and the kick is dominating the mix a bit too much. I don't mind the vocals though. I like the raw vocal sound you created.

btw. congratulations on the TDWP production! I noticed that it hit the billboard charts pretty high.

thanks, yeah im pretty stoked on it
we had #57 first week, not bad!!