my alternative / new-age rock skills

Awesome, awesome mix! How long have you had your hand at this? Also I notice you pan your drums like me (unless of course it was just a left-handed drummer), you pan as if you're watching the drummer play and not taking the place of the drummer.

Awesome, awesome mix! How long have you had your hand at this? Also I notice you pan your drums like me (unless of course it was just a left-handed drummer), you pan as if you're watching the drummer play and not taking the place of the drummer.

yeah, i dont like panning from drummer position, it makes no sense, otherwise you'd have to drown out the guitars, turn the bass all the way up, and mute the vocals...

i've been recording/mixing for about 3 years

mind sharing your drum eq / processing settings? Snare + Kick + toms?

i usually try not to cut any mids from anything, which is what i think everyone starting out tries to do

if you listen to close to a lot of very good productions, there's plenty of mid and meat in the drums

other than that, you gotta start with good drum sounds, or your not gonna end up witih good ones, even if you're going to replace, plugins like drumagog use the original drum signal to match the phase, and it will shape your replacement drum sound to the original drum

and
dont over compress

only turned screamer on when it was needed

try gain 75, drive 15, tone 50

Thanks again! :worship: What about the Drive knob on the amp? Or the Treble, Mid and Bass on this specific song.
Man, I´m feeling like a total ass bothering you with so many questions, but the tone that you got on this mp3 simply blew my mind. I´ve never ever saw a POD tone sound sooooo good. It´s so ass kicking that it´s almost a butt rape!