New Exodus

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I picked this up, and it's great!

To be frank I was never a big Exodus fan in the day. I bought Bonded By Blood, but, well, I was just more of a Slayer guy at that time. I found them extremely "ok," at best.

I've seen a lot of talk about the last two albums, so decided to pull the trigger on this one. I'm glad I did. Whole different band really, to my ears. I'll be getting the previous two now as well.

Sixx, I think the official release date is tomorrow. But yeah, strange that they didn't send review copies.

I've had it a couple months now. Pretty sick album, though I have not had a ton of time to listen to it..... Though some may tag it as such, I would not consider it metalcore. Very thrashy.....in the vein of SHKM, but probably better....

I will be ordering my copy this weekend, at the latest.

I have a friend who works, vaguely, in the business. He hooked me up with an advance. I'll buy it too though, as it lacks artwork. In any case, Sixx, I wouldn't call it metalcore really...it's more like well produced old-school goodness. It's a very strong album.

I have a friend who works, vaguely, in the business. He hooked me up with an advance. I'll buy it too though, as it lacks artwork. In any case, Sixx, I wouldn't call it metalcore really...it's more like well produced old-school goodness. It's a very strong album.

I can't wait to hear it. I will be on road trip and will pick up a copy in the morning then...

I really liked Tempo of the Damned but one of the things I like about Exodus is Steve's voice. Since they replaced him I havent really listened to them much besides a listen on myspace. The new guy sounds alright but I think I'm gonna struggle with this, does anyone else feel this way? I stuck with them when Steve came on board because his vocals really suited the music IMO but I'm not getting that feeling with the new fella.

Listening to the samples now on the MYSpace page. As soon as the opening riff kicks in, you know it's Exodus. Holt is the master of thrash riffage, IMO. He's unique.

anyway, with that said, with thrash falling out of favor (to my ears), I dont often listen to this band (which I adored in the 80s). I have "Tempo" which was a surprising, ass-kicking affair, but, at the end of the day, thrash bores me after a short period of time. Anyway, for what it is, the new one kicks some serious ass (based on the samples i hear as I type this).

I really liked Tempo of the Damned but one of the things I like about Exodus is Steve's voice. Since they replaced him I havent really listened to them much besides a listen on myspace. The new guy sounds alright but I think I'm gonna struggle with this, does anyone else feel this way? I stuck with them when Steve came on board because his vocals really suited the music IMO but I'm not getting that feeling with the new fella.

Same here... i'm a big Steve Fan as well and can't see someone else taking over the vocals..