New favorites/changes in taste

Vimana

Mar 2, 2007
Post any changes in your taste of music or bands you recently started liking.

Probably Wormed, because they're not normally my style but I started digging them a bit within the last few months. Also, Gospel, that "Emo" band I mentioned in the Emo thread.

Well, here's a really brief overview of the bands that were my favorite for a significant period of time -

Led Zeppelin - circa 2001
Neil Young - circa 2003
Nirvana - circa 2005
Tom Petty - circa 2006
Pantera - circa 2007

Lately I'm leaning towards getting maybe Cryptopsy or Hypocrisy as a favorite. As you can see, my rate of getting new favorites is increasing. I'm wondering what genre I'll get into next... Emo, indie, rap?

I have moved indie a ton in the past year or two. Bands like Animal Collective,Interpol,Spoon and Deerhunter are pretty bad ass and have better written songs in general.

I'm starting to get into Sonata Arctica, Symphony X and Dream Theater since my guitar teacher recommended them.

Also Alice In Chains and Audioslave.

Protest the Hero are fucking great. Just started listening to them today. They're labeled as Mathcore, but I don't see all the resemblance.

I'm starting to get into Sonata Arctica, Symphony X and Dream Theater since my guitar teacher recommended them.

Also Alice In Chains and Audioslave.

great composers, check Fates Warning and Savatage for an alternatitive sound and style with equally impressive overall compositions
---------------------------

My tastes havent varied since the 70's, I can look at the bands I liked in the 70's from rock to blues to boogie to fusion and see the direct links to the bands I like today. and the qualities that turned me off back then still do today.

Like a Rock........ :lol:

Protest the Hero are fucking great. Just started listening to them today. They're labeled as Mathcore, but I don't see all the resemblance.

Shit...never knew anyone on this forum listened to them. I love the band, seen em twice and they put on an amazing show each time. Have you heard any of the new material that's to be on Fortress? I heard a promo and it was SO GOOD, they've got much more metal influence on this album, and Rody screams a lot more.

I just started listening to "Protest the Hero" like 6 hours ago. I have to write a review on that album on my friend's blog soon, so I need to give it another few listens. Great stuff. Some people hate them on Metal-Archives :lol:

Shit...never knew anyone on this forum listened to them. I love the band, seen em twice and they put on an amazing show each time. Have you heard any of the new material that's to be on Fortress? I heard a promo and it was SO GOOD, they've got much more metal influence on this album, and Rody screams a lot more.

PTH kick ass.
All the tracks I have by them are near flawless.
Fear And Loathing In Laramie is my fave.