New Firewind track on myspace

Gus and the gang have such a potent way of making catchy, ear-friendly melodies and riffs, SOUND SO METAL.

This is like the kind of metal you could get a country guy hooked on to! Then blast em with Between Heaven and Hell and watch their faces melt! MOOOAAAHAHAHAAAA!!!

It only reminds me of how we totally missed the chance to see them here in Detroit before ProgPower. It's one of my most shameful metal moments. FUCK!!!

Yeah I can't wait until I get to see Firewind again (hopefully with Apollo since he is one of my top 10 favorite singers). Gus was one of the nicest musicians I had the honor of talking with backstage at VIII. Definitely makes it a plus when listening to their music knowing they aren't a bunch of A-holes. :headbang:

What exactly were you expecting or hoping for from Apollo and Gus?

A good song?

Apollo is just a boring/bad vocalist imo. I love softer, more atmospheric vocals (Riverside, Opeth, Katatonia, Andromeda.. you name it..) but when it comes to balls out metal I think the old Firewind vocalists did a better job. The first 3 Mystic Prophecy albums were also great.

And uhh... lest I'm mistaken but I don't even think this song had a solo... wow.