Firewind Announces Headline Shows

Actually these shows are the week before the Ozzy/Halford tour begins, but of course it made sense for the band to take the opportunity.

Actually these shows are the week before the Ozzy/Halford tour begins, but of course it made sense for the band to take the opportunity.

Fair enough, but I think you guys get the idea.
Gus was going to be in the states with the Ozzman, so they are fitting in a few FW shows.

I am sure he had to get approval from Ozzy before doing so, and I am sure Ozzy wouldn't want him to do a full tour with FW "before" the Ozzy tour.

Last time FW toured, they drew like 50 people (if even) here in Chicago, from what I heard. Though now with him in Ozzy, you might get Ozzy die hards to go simply to support Gus.

Fair enough, but I think you guys get the idea.
Gus was going to be in the states with the Ozzman, so they are fitting in a few FW shows.

I am sure he had to get approval from Ozzy before doing so, and I am sure Ozzy wouldn't want him to do a full tour with FW "before" the Ozzy tour.

Last time FW toured, they drew like 50 people (if even) here in Chicago, from what I heard. Though now with him in Ozzy, you might get Ozzy die hards to go simply to support Gus.

I can only predict really good things for Firewind now that Gus has joined Ozzy's band. Although I think these 4 Firewind shows will only draw the Firewind fans, the next tour will drastically see an increase in figures.

Not to mention the chance of running into Ozzy when backstage at a Firewind show increasing also. Wouldn't that be something? hahaha

I can only predict really good things for Firewind now that Gus has joined Ozzy's band. Although I think these 4 Firewind shows will only draw the Firewind fans, the next tour will drastically see an increase in figures.

Not to mention the chance of running into Ozzy when backstage at a Firewind show increasing also. Wouldn't that be something? hahaha

I hope you are right about when they do a full tour and drawing bigger numbers.I just hope i don't have to travel to Cairo to see them:lol:

Exactly. I saw Firewind in 2007 in NH, and the place was almost empty. Maybe 30 people tops!

Got some great pics from that show.

http://www.themetalmadman.com/FW.html

I plan to be up front taking pics for this show as well!

Wasn't that show the one where there was some kind of debacle on the venue website? If you tried to purchase tickets through their online system, it claimed the show was sold out for like a month until it was discovered like a week before the show?

I saw After Forever there with about 50 other people. 40 of which were in the 5 or so other bands playing that day. And I didn't even pay for the ticket as I was part of the Century Media street team. Hell, one of the opening bands was this rap group from Boston. At least the band with the 70 year old singing and 12 year old grandson playing the guitar were covering metal songs.

Is Mark's Showplace even still in business? At least the venue side anyway? Their website is down and the myspace page was last updated in 2008.

Wasn't that show the one where there was some kind of debacle on the venue website? If you tried to purchase tickets through their online system, it claimed the show was sold out for like a month until it was discovered like a week before the show?

Correct.

Is Mark's Showplace even still in business? At least the venue side anyway? Their website is down and the myspace page was last updated in 2008.

Nope. Its now a new establishment although I forget what its called now.

How is Albany doing as far as shows? I havent been up to visit my family in a while (Schenectady, and Hudson NY).

Any new places up there to catch decent shows? Last time I caught a show there it was at Northern Lights in Clifton Park (I know my way all over the Capital District).

How is Albany doing as far as shows? I havent been up to visit my family in a while (Schenectady, and Hudson NY).

Any new places up there to catch decent shows? Last time I caught a show there it was at Northern Lights in Clifton Park (I know my way all over the Capital District).

There was Revolution Hall in Troy but it's "suspended" right now and not sure if they're going to scale it back to do shows seasonally or just not at all. Mostly had local bands or stuff that would appeal to RPI college students anyway.
The Palace Theater has stepped up as a mid level venue for bands like Rush, TSO's summer tour, and Styx. Porcupine Tree pretty much plays The Egg annually.

Outside of that, Northern Lights is pretty much the only venue and the good shows are usually few and far between. I did see the Between the Buried & Me, Cynic, and Devin Townsend tour at Northern Lights. Which was the only metal show I've been to this year before PP.

I usually just check http://stepuppresents.com/ every now and then as they're the promoter that usually brings in the bands I'm interested in seeing.

I forgot all about Palace Theater! Back in my hair band days I dated a chick who lived on Clinton Ave. Gotta love Arbor Hill. I'll have to drive by it the next time Im coming in via 787.

Good ole Troy. Home of Uncle Sam haha. The only places I stop at in Troy now is Brown Brewery, and Oakwood Cemetary. I remember seeing many shows back in the day at RPI Fieldhouse.

My father gigs with his doo wop band all over up there. Several places off RT 9, and 146.

Shame Saratoga Winners never got back on track and had that whole insurance fraud thing. Would have loved to see some shows there! I have played there with my old bands many of times.

I forgot all about Palace Theater! Back in my hair band days I dated a chick who lived on Clinton Ave. Gotta love Arbor Hill. I'll have to drive by it the next time Im coming in via 787.

Good ole Troy. Home of Uncle Sam haha. The only places I stop at in Troy now is Brown Brewery, and Oakwood Cemetary. I remember seeing many shows back in the day at RPI Fieldhouse.

My father gigs with his doo wop band all over up there. Several places off RT 9, and 146.

Shame Saratoga Winners never got back on track and had that whole insurance fraud thing. Would have loved to see some shows there! I have played there with my old bands many of times.

We were going to Brown's a lot for drinks as its a good midway spot for most of us. We liked to play darts/pool upstairs but they got rid of the pool table and dart board towards the end of last year for more dinner table space. Only gone twice since they got rid of that stuff :(
Revolution Hall was/is next door to Brown's.
I live like 5 minutes from Saratoga Winners. Drive by what's left of the place all the time since they never cleaned up the site.

I'll actually be flying in to NYC that day on a business trip, so I'll be there! Can anyone tell me about the venue? I'll be staying in a hotel near Wall Street, but I'm not familiar with NYC at all, so any help would be appreciated.

The Gramercy is at 127 23rd Street between Lex and Park. There's a lot of pubs and restaurants there to grab a bite and a brew. Easy to get to from the north. Not sure about Wall Street. I'm guessing you'd take the 4,5,6 line, but I think it would be easier to take a cab.

I'm not fond of the venue itself simply because it's deeper than it is wide so there's not a lot of left to right real estate. That means if you're short like me you have to get there early or you're crammed in the back trying to peek around the tall folks. There are ascending seats to the rear, but they fill up quickly. Overall, their sound's not bad though.

We were going to Brown's a lot for drinks as its a good midway spot for most of us. We liked to play darts/pool upstairs but they got rid of the pool table and dart board towards the end of last year for more dinner table space. Only gone twice since they got rid of that stuff :(
Revolution Hall was/is next door to Brown's.
I live like 5 minutes from Saratoga Winners. Drive by what's left of the place all the time since they never cleaned up the site.

I used to stay many nights at a friends house close to Saratoga Winners when I was still living there. Strawberry Ridge Condos in Watertown. Right off RT 9.

I miss it up there. I'm actually contemplating moving back to that area sometime in 2011.

Remember Malt River Brewing Company in Latham Circle Mall?

I used to stay many nights at a friends house close to Saratoga Winners when I was still living there. Strawberry Ridge Condos in Watertown. Right off RT 9.

I miss it up there. I'm actually contemplating moving back to that area sometime in 2011.

Remember Malt River Brewing Company in Latham Circle Mall?

I'm just over the bridge in Clifton Park/Halfmoon so that condo area is pretty close to my house (and it's Waterford as Watertown is north of Syracuse).

My parent's house where I grew up is Latham/Cohoes. I never actually went to Malt River as the mall has been a dump since I was of drinking age (and really long before that too). The only breweries/brewpubs I think are Brown's and Albany Pump Station which is around the corner from Palace. We don't really go to Albany much any more outside of St Patty's Day. Pretty much go to Saratoga (no covers unlike Albany) or just get together at someone's place. Parting Glass and The Local are two great places with a wide selection of beers up there. There's also Irish Times which is where the Saratoga Springs Brew Pub used to be but it's cougar central.
My husband and I have been trying to get out of the area actually. Being the state capital is about the only thing keeping the city afloat.

Anyway, we've probably hijacked this thread enough. If you want to continue reminiscing, you can PM me :)

Yeah but 3 USA dates? Not even a West Coast date? thereason that people in the USA bitch about it is that this country was in the dark after grunge took over. We lost the metal we loved from touring here for a long while. Now that we are finally get some good tours we have to put up with little bullshit East Coast dates. Its angering to some. Not all, and we are entitled to feel the way we do.
Tours are extremely expensive. The US is huge and requires extensive travel to cover the whole thing (more expenses). So I'm really not surprised that there aren't west coast dates.

This is awesome. I had two PPXI tickets (would've been my first)go to waste since my wife lost her job. Seeing While Heaven Wept, on Sept. 25th, and now Firewind on Nov. 4th, both at Volume 11 in Raleigh, should help to ease the pain.