Firewind Announces Headline Shows

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Sweet. Now I am really looking forward to the month of November:

Greek melodic metallers FIREWIND, led by current OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Gus G., will celebrate the release of their new album, "Days Of Defiance", with a limited number of special North American headlining shows. The trek, which kicks off on November 4 and runs through November 7, will feature POWERGLOVE and THE ABSENCE in the support slots.

Commented Gus G.: "We are very happy to announce four special album release shows in North America this fall in support of our new record, 'Days of Defiance'.

"It's been awhile since FIREWIND played North America, as our last tour was spring/summer 2008.

“This is a very special run for us, as it will be the first time we'll play the new songs live. It also might be awhile until we come back for a full North American run, so we REALLY hope to see many of you come out to these shows. We'll be sure to rock you to the ground and that's a promise!"

FIREWIND with POWERGLOVE, THE ABSENCE:

Nov. 04 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC
Nov. 05 - Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
Nov. 06 - The Gramercy - New York, NY
Nov. 07 - Les Foufounes Electriques - Montreal, QC, Canada

If all goes according to plan, me and my girlfriend should be at the NYC which also happens to be my Birthday.

I'll actually be flying in to NYC that day on a business trip, so I'll be there! Can anyone tell me about the venue? I'll be staying in a hotel near Wall Street, but I'm not familiar with NYC at all, so any help would be appreciated.

I'll actually be flying in to NYC that day on a business trip, so I'll be there! Can anyone tell me about the venue? I'll be staying in a hotel near Wall Street, but I'm not familiar with NYC at all, so any help would be appreciated.

Hey man,
The venue is decent sized (about 700 people perhaps?). I actually like, although some of the regulars here have expressed their distaste for it. The location is actually not so bad.

Please make sure to stop by and say hi if you make it to the show!

Another laughable short run East Coast tour. Thanks Firewind. Who'snext in line for this?

There's a reason why this isn't being announced as a "tour"...

Plus, there are so many countries around the world that bands only do a few select dates. Why is it that only you people here in the US bitch about that? Maybe they only picked places that they know the attendance won't be pathetic?

There's a reason why this isn't being announced as a "tour"...

Plus, there are so many countries around the world that bands only do a few select dates. Why is it that only you people here in the US bitch about that? Maybe they only picked places that they know the attendance won't be pathetic?

Yeah but 3 USA dates? Not even a West Coast date? thereason that people in the USA bitch about it is that this country was in the dark after grunge took over. We lost the metal we loved from touring here for a long while. Now that we are finally get some good tours we have to put up with little bullshit East Coast dates. Its angering to some. Not all, and we are entitled to feel the way we do.

Yeah but 3 USA dates? Not even a West Coast date? thereason that people in the USA bitch about it is that this country was in the dark after grunge took over. We lost the metal we loved from touring here for a long while. Now that we are finally get some good tours we have to put up with little bullshit East Coast dates. Its angering to some. Not all, and we are entitled to feel the way we do.

Yeah, but this is also one of the few countries in the whole world where nationwide tours get booked STUPIDLY. Does it really make sense to book a full US tour with stops at obscure towns where you'll *maybe* get 150 people to show up? Is it really worth the risk? Let's not forget bands that booked tours and ended up playing for as little as 5 people. Examples? Epica, Angra, Firewind, Therion, Green Carnation, Pure Reason Revolution, etc. Then the band and management see the turnout is close to zero. Do you really think they're gonna want to try it again?

It's a big country and that's unfortunate. It means not everyone will get to see the tour. You have to look from the band's point of view though. It's not just show up whenever, wherever. It's easier to cry about a band not being nice enough to the fans by not going to play to this or that city, than to go back to your country after an unsuccessful tour with a few thousands of dollars negative in your bank account.

In the USA, there are good and bad people in the scene. Some promoters suck. Some venues suck. Some booking agents suck. Sometimes, even the audience/fans suck. It is what it is.

You know what,I agree with everything you say but I'll say this to.
It's every dumb piece of shit that LET grunge and whatever else take over this country that is to blame.While people like you and I were left out in the cold with our music being stomped out and flushed down the drain,80% of the population said "I'm tired of metal,I want Pearl Jam and Nirvana and whoever to rule the airwaves." I don't blame Firweind or any band that plays our type of music doing what they are doing.I'm down here in bum fucked Egypt (otherwise known as Alabama) and we RARELY get anything that I like.Thank God Glenn has Progpower in ATL for me to go to.

It's expensive to fly and do a single west coast show. They probably wouldn't even break even on the cost of the flights.

It's every dumb piece of shit that LET grunge and whatever else take over this country that is to blame.

:lol:

ICEDEARTHFAN said:
While people like you and I were left out in the cold with our music being stomped out and flushed down the drain,80% of the population said "I'm tired of metal,I want Pearl Jam and Nirvana and whoever to rule the airwaves."

Well, it goes back to what I said earlier. Sometimes (that is a major example), the fans suck.

ICEDEARTHFAN said:
I don't blame Firweind or any band that plays our type of music doing what they are doing.I'm down here in bum fucked Egypt (otherwise known as Alabama) and we RARELY get anything that I like.Thank God Glenn has Progpower in ATL for me to go to.

:lol: Actually, you may have a better luck finding a metal show near actual Egypt. I hear Cairo has a thriving metal scene. :lol: