New Fractal Audio floor fx unit

Not a bad idea, considering most people already have an amp they're happy with. The only other comparable floorboard I can think of is the G-System, which is old, clunky, buggy, and retardedly expensive for what it does. Just that by itself gives them a fairly sizeable market to sell to. Depending on what it can do for MIDI communication, it might even be the ideal controller for a Kemper.

Wonder what the price will be. I've wanted to add a Line 6 M9 to my pedalboard for a while, but the price just keeps going up.

Can't you essentially do the same fx stuff with the Axe-FX II though, if you use midi to control it?

Queue the 6 monthly updates that make it finally sound authentic, each and every time b

It's supposed to be the same thing as the AXE FX II, but without the amp/cab modelers, and in a floor unit. It was designed for people who want to use their tube heads but need an all-in-one quality effects unit. I think it's an awesome idea, considering most of the competition is a rack + controller system, where as this is the size of the controller alone.

when digital units become good at reproducing a 60 dollar mxr phase 90 or a simple analog flanger or fuzz I would jump in... I went on a digital effects quest... other than reverb and delay most of them have no presence or character in a live rig.. Very convenient but to hi fi sounding for me...they sound fine recorded... but a/b a digital phaser sim and the real deal through the front of your rig...no contest