New Guitar Day - Schecter JL7 NT What do you think about it?

Lupus1984

https://soundcloud.com/xenotype-mixing
Mar 18, 2014
Germany
www.facebook.com
Last edited:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There's a bit of a shredding going on. Some diminished stuffs and some phrygian dominant things. Mostly what Necrophagist solos are about. :D

Nice!!! What tuning and string size are you using. I always wanted to get a 7 string but after putting 13's with a 65 on the low string on my 6 string and tuning to drop A I've been pretty content.

Nice!!! What tuning and string size are you using. I always wanted to get a 7 string but after putting 13's with a 65 on the low string on my 6 string and tuning to drop A I've been pretty content.

1st thanx man.

The thing is with string gauges.....I guess you use a "standard" scale length of 25,5"? With that it get's wobbly really quick.

The Schecter JL 7 NT like most Schecter 7 string guitars got a 26,5" scale (semi baritone if you will) which helps getting the strings intonated a bit better. Say you can tune lower with lighter strings without losing tension.

On this tune and mostly always with me it's in drop A with a set of 10-46 and a 64 on top. I must say I like a bit fatter strings but you can get away with 09-46 and a 62 on top. At least thats what Conquering Dystopia use and that sounds good.

I recommend a guitar with at least 26,5" scale for lower tunings. If you want to move it even further go with AGILE Guitars they got up to 30" scale guitars. :D

Last edited: