New Helloween

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Sorry if there is another new Helloween thread but I couldn't resurrect it right now,

The lead song is Are You Metal? which hasn't been uploaded to youtube but it's just an ok song IMO. Not that special. The song below Raise The Noise is far better and kicks ass. Very cool tune.

However best of all is the 3rd song called I'm Free which is plain awesome. Andi Deris is singing the best he has ever done. The guitars are just fucking brilliant, that's all there is to it really! Released on Halloween. Buy it or be a tool! God how can i find space in my top 10 of the year with all these great albums released this year and we haven't even had Firewind yet!

Here is a medley from the whole album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't heard either song, and don't plan on it until I hear the full album. Singles can be very misleading to the sound of an album.

That being said, I have high hopes for this.

what I find funny is that Kai makes an album called To The Metal and Helloween have a lead single called Are You Metal? it's just a bit funny..you'd think they were doing some kind of "in house" German piss take that we are all not getting! :)

Haven't heard either song, and don't plan on it until I hear the full album. Singles can be very misleading to the sound of an album.

That being said, I have high hopes for this.

That is by far the silliest statement I have ever heard since I started listening to music. I feel sorry for you that you feel that way and deny yourself these tunes. But hey to each their own right?

That is by far the silliest statement I have ever heard since I started listening to music. I feel sorry for you that you feel that way and deny yourself these tunes. But hey to each their own right?

Why is that silly? I happen to somewhat agree with him. A lot of times, bands release a single that is really not representative of the album material as a whole. I don't think he's denying himself anything, in fact I command him for waiting to hear the full product once it's ready.

Would you be able to explain how exactly that is silly? I am honestly curious to hear.

EDIT - If you want an example of a single that is different than pretty much the rest of the album, check out Angra's first single for Aqua, "Arising Thunder" and then go listen to the rest of the disc. If you find another song like Arising Thunder (other than except half of The Rage of the Waters," I will give you a prize.

Another example would be Sonata Arctica's "Flag in the Ground"

I love their last album, but that single was not indicative at all at what the overall album would be like.

oddly enough Flag in the Ground is the only song I like off the last SA disk and is the only recognisable SA song on the album. God I'm such a conservative shithead metalhead! (Proud of it too!) Of course recently we had The Mower and that single was about as far away from the album as a whole than you can get and also Maiden had El Dorado the worst song by a mile as the first single. Getting back on topic, judging by the samples, the single Are You Metal? is a reasonably close enough reflection of the album but is again probably one of the weaker songs at a guess.

How am I denying myself these tunes? I plan on listening to them... when the album comes out. I would rather not have a preconception of what I think the album will sound like based on a song that may or may not sound like any of the other songs on the album.

Also, I enjoying hearing a new album for the first time and not knowing what to expect from it.

How am I denying myself these tunes? I plan on listening to them... when the album comes out. I would rather not have a preconception of what I think the album will sound like based on a song that may or may not sound like any of the other songs on the album.

Also, I enjoying hearing a new album for the first time and not knowing what to expect from it.

I'm the same way....I like to sit down with a new cd from a band I love, and listen through the first time with no idea what I'll be hearing. Patience is a virtue.....it's not always easy, but usually pays off nicely in the end. There are too few surprises nowadays.....

As I've said on another thread. They are one of the few bands I absolutely refuse to listen to any type of sample before the album is released, so like others I am going to wait on this. I'm very stoked about it though.

Heck, if I remember correctly, Eva was the first Nightwish single released for their first album with Anette as lead vocalist. What, did everyone expect an album full of ballad types? :)
I've enjoyed Helloween through the years and look forward to new material. PPXIII?

Fire Breath: Another good example. I just bought "To the Metal" at PPXI and the title track is my least favorite on an otherwise awesome album!