New here - Saw SX in NYC - AWESOME

AttilaJ

Nov 23, 2002
AZ
www.attilajuhasz.com
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board, but just wanted to say that I've been into Symphony X for about a year and a half and I just got to see them live in NYC (open for Blind Guardian) and they were PHENOMENAL! Only complaint - not long enough.

Micheal Romeo is beyond human. I'm a HUGE Michael Schenker fan (and I dig the speed and classical approach of Yngwie) but MR may possibly be the most gifted guitarist I have ever seen.

Russell Allen is definitely in my top 10 vocals now, possibly my 2nd favorite (Rob Halford is my first). He's like a mix of Steve Walsh & RJ Dio (both who I admire). I met RA after the show and he was very cool and humble when I showered him with praises.

I love metal music, hard and progressive rock and Symphony X delivers everything I love. The progressions of Kansas and Yes, the complexities of UK, the skill of Rush, the heaviness of Judas Priest, the meaness of vintage Dio and the neo-classical flare of Rainbow - yet I find it original, refreshing, brilliant, masterful, and the best thing since I fell in love with Judas Priest in 1976.

They deserve to be worshiped by the world.

Cheers,
Attila
webmaster RobHalford.com

Originally posted by RED OCTOBER
SYMPH X IS PLAING SOME TIME IN JAN. IN BROOKLYN LAMOUR . THEY USUALLY PLAY A GOOD 2-1/2 HOURS THERE, LAST TIME I SAW THEM THERE I WAS TOO TIRED TO STAND. BEST SHOW I SEEN!

CHECK OUT WWW.RED-OCTOBER.NET
FREE DEMO AND FREE VDC...

This is still unconfirmed. I don't know why L'Amour has this posted in the club, but let's wait until we get the official word before we talk about it. :)

~Christina

Originally posted by AttilaJ
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board, but just wanted to say that I've been into Symphony X for about a year and a half and I just got to see them live in NYC (open for Blind Guardian) and they were PHENOMENAL! Only complaint - not long enough.

Micheal Romeo is beyond human. I'm a HUGE Michael Schenker fan (and I dig the speed and classical approach of Yngwie) but MR may possibly be the most gifted guitarist I have ever seen.

Russell Allen is definitely in my top 10 vocals now, possibly my 2nd favorite (Rob Halford is my first). He's like a mix of Steve Walsh & RJ Dio (both who I admire). I met RA after the show and he was very cool and humble when I showered him with praises.

I love metal music, hard and progressive rock and Symphony X delivers everything I love. The progressions of Kansas and Yes, the complexities of UK, the skill of Rush, the heaviness of Judas Priest, the meaness of vintage Dio and the neo-classical flare of Rainbow - yet I find it original, refreshing, brilliant, masterful, and the best thing since I fell in love with Judas Priest in 1976.

They deserve to be worshiped by the world.

Cheers,
Attila
webmaster RobHalford.com

Hey Attila

Good to see you here> I don't know if you remember me from the Quorum but I wanted to say hello.

My compliments on your music. There's not a bad band between them :) Have you seen the new Kansas DVD yet. It's great!

I hope you enjoy this board as I enjoy yours :D

Originally posted by Hawk
Hey Attila

Good to see you here> I don't know if you remember me from the Quorum but I wanted to say hello.

My compliments on your music. There's not a bad band between them :) Have you seen the new Kansas DVD yet. It's great!

I hope you enjoy this board as I enjoy yours :D

Cool to see Quorum cross-over - thanks for the compliments on my music taste. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Kansas DVD yet. I'll need to check it out, thanks.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Always great to see metal's elder statesmen embracing bands like Symphony X...

Thanks, Symphony X are a remarkable band. I see your Prodigal Son avatar. FYI - years ago I founded Nektar.com and my site was what brought Roye & Mo back on speaking terms after all those years (at least that's what they told me). I have nothing to do with the site or the band anymore but I'm glad they did the reunion.

Originally posted by AttilaJ
Thanks, Symphony X are a remarkable band. I see your Prodigal Son avatar. FYI - years ago I founded Nektar.com and my site was what brought Roye & Mo back on speaking terms after all those years (at least that's what they told me). I have nothing to do with the site or the band anymore but I'm glad they did the reunion.

Bridging a communication gap between one of the most innovative and overlooked prog bands of all time...very impressive! :)

Welcome to the syx board :wave: and
clicksmilies13277.png

:devil: hope you have a good time here :D