New Here (+suggestions)

Brewtality

beerhead
Dec 23, 2003
montreal
Hey hows it goin'

well im new here and i juss wanna say...hey

while im saying hello, i might as well ask for some help, i've been listening to the same bands for a looooong time, and frankly im gettin bored. im mostly into dm, melodic dm, thrash, and stuff like that(bands like quo vadis, testament, slayer,dying fetus, opeth, etc)
now i was just wondering if u guys can suggest me some new stuff, plz, im so bored o_O ... nehoo if u can suggest me some songs ill be more than gratefull eh

-gday

Asking metalheads for song recommendations is like asking a kid does he want sweets. :)

I recommend Anata. Started as melodic DM, but are now more technical progressive DM. Song recommendations from each album:

From "The Infernal Depths Of Hatred"
Under Azure Skies
Aim Not At The Kingdom High

From "Dreams Of Death & Dismay"
Faith, Hope, Self-Deception
Can't Kill What's Already Dead

From the upcoming album "Under A Stone With No Inscription"
Shackled By Guilt
Entropy Within

You can grab the last 2 from me in the hub, names thevalbomb. Thats all I'll recommend, I'll leave the rest to the others.

hehehe, welcome. ill reccomend some stuff. some DM, some not DM.

psypheria
severed savior
cephalic carnage
extol
gorgasm
krisiun
exhumed
origin
gorerotted

not DM:
enslaved
marduk
thyrfing
susperia
kalmah

~gR~

Try these.... :headbang:

Unholy
Forgotten Tomb
Shining
Scent of Flesh
Luciferion
Suffocation
Cattle Decapitation
Nile
Torture Killer
Sotajumala
Amoral
Total Devastation
Deatchain
Dissection
Aeternus
Adramelech
Amorphis
Insomnium
Funeral Feast
Burial Mound
Circle of Dead Children
Deathstars
Blood Red Throne
Deepred
Swallow the Sun
Deeds of Flesh
Dismember
God Dethroned
Aborted
Avulsed
Zombie Vomit
Rotten SOund

I just got Amon Amarth's album released in '99...I can't remember the title and I'm too damn lazy to get up and look. That also says how much of an impact it had on me.

I'm not gonna say they're utter shite like, say, MANOWAR...but the mid-paced chug-a-chug riffs have this been-there-heard-that kinda feel to them.

If you want a good straight-up metal album with riffs that quite possibly have the biggest hooks in them since Metallica's Master of Puppets, get the new Machine Head.

It's a far cry from death/black/thrash/andwhateverthefuckelseisoutthere, but it quite simply kicks ass. The solo at the end of "Descend the Shades of Night" is enough to bring a tear.

You should download a program called soulseek and hang around in some of the chat rooms to get a good idea of some of the good metal around at the moment...anyway a list of bands i'm listening to at the moment;

Misery Index, Desecration, Prostitute Disfigurement, Visceral Bleeding, Ketan, Pyaemia, Fleshless, ,Saprogenic......check those out for a little brutality.

thrashmetal78 said:
If you want a good straight-up metal album with riffs that quite possibly have the biggest hooks in them since Metallica's Master of Puppets, get the new Machine Head.

It's a far cry from death/black/thrash/andwhateverthefuckelseisoutthere, but it quite simply kicks ass. The solo at the end of "Descend the Shades of Night" is enough to bring a tear.
I agree thrashmetal78. The new machine head album kicks a whole lotta ass!!! Great riffs!, they're going back to the 'burn my eyes' days with this one. Great cd. Everybody check it out....

(Machine Head - Through The Ashes)