New HIM

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
Hey alco you hear any of the new HIM yet?

The new single kiss of down and venus doom sound terrible...poorly written songs that aren't even catchy. Dead lovers sounds pretty legit though. It's gonna be their worst cd yet from the sound of things. Waiting to hear the rest.

it's pure shit...Valo just teased us with his false statements...he said he was going back to razorblade's roots..

Agreed, it sounds terrible.

Dark Light was o.k.

The stuff before Dark Light was very good IMO.

What can you expect from a band who has My Chemical Romance in their top 8 on Myspace.

What can you expect from a band who has My Chemical Romance in their top 8 on Myspace.

Well my take on that... whenever bands tour with each other, on their myspaces they usually put the other bands on the tour on their top-whatever.

But...yeah...I don't understand the hype for this band...meh.

Well Him has gotten so popular that it doesn't seem like it's a big deal that they're touring with all these fruity US bands.

Dark Light was too different from all their previous albums and gave them a sellout American sound.

This Venus album sounds even crappier.

It's funny because I actually had a interest in My Chemical Romance until I heard samples off the black parade, it just screamed "SELLOUT BAND".

The Black Parade isn't that bad actually. There are a few iffy moments, like in the title track (sometimes mistake parts of it for Sum 41) and the whole of I Don't Love You. Really not helping their image with that one lol. But Sleep, Famous Last Words, the Sharpest Lives and Mama are all solid, unique songs. For a pop band.

Of course it doesn't help that I'm a sucker for theatrics. I like that they use the parade costumes and don't go for the "dude next door" look, and they do put on a proper show live. Pyro, stretcher, revolving drum kit and all.

I think I've said too much now :oops:

I think the best album HIM has released so far is "Love Metal"; an album I have on my top 10 of best albums ever. Yeah, they can be cheesy at times, but one thing you can't take from them, is their abillity to write damn catchy tunes. I admit it, I love HIM, and have loved them for years. I guess they are my guilty pleasure, when it comes to music :loco: Now these days, I don't have any problem with admitting what music I listen to. Before,I was also like "I only listen to evil black metal"; which I still do, but its nice with something compleately different sometimes, and I don't think anyone should be embarresed of their taste in music.