New HIM

After listening to the new album.. Yes I had to wait until it arrived in the shops on friday. I must say that it was awesome, the title track was so good it sent shivers down my spine. And the others weren't really bad either. Probably my new favourite HIM album.

Dang ...Ville ..he's such a liar..I was waiting for something as good as razor blade romance is...but it's just by far their worst album

Sorry I tried to listen to Venus Doom but it was horrible! It was the first HIM album I've listend to and I tryed to keep my self from throwing up, dont bash me for not agreeing with you...

Sorry I tried to listen to Venus Doom but it was horrible! It was the first HIM album I've listend to and I tryed to keep my self from throwing up, dont bash me for not agreeing with you...

you are just 19 so your opinion is not valid:)

Aww, this thread ALREADY died????

Well, I thought I'd enlighten a few in here actually.

I'm the one who actually got my bro into HIM and well, he bought the new album over the weekend and came over and stressed I should check it out even though I told him previously how disappointed I was with it....

...well, I'm a sucker. I listened to it and what can I fucking say, man? The freaking album IS, hands down, the best album I have heard all year. I was INSTANTLY impressed blasting through my stereo system. The songs rule, Valo's singing kicks ass as usual and the production is simply amazing especially if you have the right hardware. What's even more impressive? Overall, the album is superior to Dark Light even though not one track surpasses "Wings" imo. Doesn't matter...not when you have such an awesome collection of songs thrown in here.

Often, there's always at least ONE song I dislike on an album from ANY given band. This album is no exception. But out of the 9 tracks, ONLY one is actually weak....and that's The Kiss of Dawn, which is too bad as it kicks off with a spectacularly heavy riff. The chorus just flat out ruins it, though.

But dammit, the other 8 tracks rule and the BIG highlights for me are Venus Doom, Passion's Killing Floor (yes, I have come to the conclusion how much this song kicks ass - the more you listen the better it gets!), Sleepwalking Past Hope and my favourite off the album, Love In Cold Blood - damn that CHORUS! Valo does it again...catchy as fuck and absolutely addictive music.

"My heart's a graveyard baby, and to evil we make love, on the passion's killing floor..." - you can't beat this stuff! Valo's use of Metaphors in his lyrics are second to none. He has a totally unique and original style of writing - his own thing, which is great.

:lol: :rolleyes: Man was my first impression of this album way off. I'm just glad I didn't give up on it, heh.

So yeah Bluesky, you're definitely CORRECT about this album. Not the best one, but fucking good enough to be the best this year has to offer...so far - OHHHH YEAHHHH.

After letting Venus Doom sink in, I have to say that it's not a bad album. Although I was initially disappointed, there are a couple of incredible songs on this cd. Sure, the album is not as consistent as Razorblade Romance or Dark Light, but some of the songs (in particular - Passion's Killing Floor and Sleepwalking Past Hope) are among the best HIM has ever created.

Wow, Bluesky, I actually quite liked the track Dark Light - nice chorus. Funny though, my brother actually despises this song too for some reason. I can't figure out why, exactly.
And you REALLY think the catchiness of Venus Doom and Love In Cold Blood are some of the weakest off the album???? Woahhhhh...not a chance! Venus Doom I could MAYBE understand why (the chrous could have been slightly better), but the Love in Cold Blood? I say that one is perfect.

M3: TOTALLY agree on Sleepwalking Past Hope - 10 min of pure kick ass music. I honestly think it's a coin toss between this one and Love In Cold Blood for best track off the album.

I think Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights is the weakest HIM album. Even though it has some amazing songs like In Joy And Sorrow,Close to the Flame and Beautiful. I think that, that album also has the most poppiest HIM songs... Still it's not a bad album. :)

Venus Doom is probably the best HIM album for me. The song Venus Doom when Ville's voice is really low. :O Amazing.

I think Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights is the weakest HIM album. :)

Venus Doom is probably the best HIM album for me. The song Venus Doom when Ville's voice is really low. :O Amazing.

Oh shit...on an overall, consistent basis I think that Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights is my fave HIM album (I mean, this is the one with Heartache Every Moment and :headbang:, Pretending AND Lose You Tonight on it!) o_O Oh oh, we all have different tastes regarding HIM here but whatever...at least we can all agree they rock.

And Valo's low range in Venus Doom surely is well done. Most definitely. The louder I play this album, the more I like it. Nice and clean production.

Single, best HIM song IS and always will be It's All Tears for me...closely followed by Join Me. The two I like to sing the most hehe.