NEW HOTEL CHEAP WITH A PP USA SHUTTLE NOW (update 9/7)

Just booked a room there as a fall back if I cant find a room to share with. Its far but Glenn hooked us up with the shuttle service very freaking cool!!! The hotel usually doesn't do a shuttle service but they were saying that they will be constantly traveling back and forth from the hotel to the venue.

I couldnt find it on the map until I did a search for Max Lager's Brewery, which is a major added bonus being next to the hotel.

Who else has booked there?

I'm not booked there but I'm at the Hampton Inn a few blocks away. Ended up going with a package deal because it cost me $150 more than the 3 night reservation at Granada for 4 nights & airfare.

Shreddy posted this in the other thread, but I thought somebody may not see it there:

Just a FYI guys the Granada was overbooked by 20 rooms, Bears room didnt turn up as being avail.

Thing is ... that hotels expect cancellations so regularly overbook. Just like airliners. Its pretty ridiculous though that probably the oldest bookings suddenly 'don't show up.'

Shreddy posted this in the other thread, but I thought somebody may not see it there:

Just a FYI guys the Granada was overbooked by 20 rooms, Bears room didnt turn up as being avail.

That's a lot of pissed off people come the beginning of October.
Are they trying to set up some kind of scorched earth policy to get back at us for the room parties? I'll be double checking my reservation at the Residence Inn soon as I get home....

I just checked mine on-line @ Grenada and it is still good. Is that good enough or do I need to call them? Hell, I made these reservations the beginning of last November (3 days before I got to see a lot of PP people on our mini-tour with ZH)!

I just checked mine on-line @ Grenada and it is still good. Is that good enough or do I need to call them? Hell, I made these reservations the beginning of last November (3 days before I got to see a lot of PP people on our mini-tour with ZH)!

Seriously, I'd make a phonecall dude... Talk to a human, and not a computer!

I wonder what the pecking order is at the hotels. Do they nix an earlier reservation (as in Bear's case), which was probably had for a cheaper price,
in order to maximize the $'s for the room? There's a REASON people book the rooms early in the year, and that's so they don't have to worry about this kind of stuff! :mad:

Bears wasnt canceled by the hotel, I was calling because Bear released his room (he canceled his reservation) and I was hoping to pick up the room and thats when I was told that they were overbooked.

I just cancelled my reservation at the Granada because I went with a package airfare/hotel deal instead. Many people do book more than one room before deciding where to stay so if they didn't overbook, they'd still run into problems with not filling up the rooms because of last minute cancelations.

Call them. As I explained in the other thread, they went to a new reservation system at the beginning of the year, and the number is different. If you have an "old" confirmation number beginning with letters and longer than four digits, there may be some confusion when you arrive. Call and check your confirmation and get a new number.

The Granada explained to me last year that yes, they do overbook because of cancellations. The earliest reservations are definite; it's the latest ones they fill as people cancel.

I just confirmed mine. They only had me down for 1 bed and I was able to swich to a 2 bed room this morning. I dont know whats going on over there. My conformation # went from 6 digits to 3.

I do not know much about how MARTA works now, but a few years ago they stopped running at midnight, FYI.

Also, a 2 am shuttle cuts it kinda tight if you like to hang out after the show. If you stay late, just get a cab for this hotel.

Just my 2 cents.