NEW HOTEL CHEAP WITH A PP USA SHUTTLE NOW (update 9/7)

I do not know much about how MARTA works now, but a few years ago they stopped running at midnight, FYI.

It's about 1am for the North-South line. Yep, Atlanta is weak. If they'd run just one or two trains all night, or until 4am or so, they could do a lot of bar and show business, but noooooo....

Also, a 2 am shuttle cuts it kinda tight if you like to hang out after the show. If you stay late, just get a cab for this hotel.

Or hang out by the exit and yell "Anyone got a car and want to give me a ride two miles south?" At 2am, it's about a 5-7 minute round trip, tops.

... We ditched Residence Inn reservations and took a chance on this place, and I'm happy to report it paid off. The rooms were nice (if a tad small), the breakfast was great, the free happy hour was AWESOME ("Y'all want more gin than tonic?"), and Max Lager's next door was brilliant. The shuttle was pretty reliable (but quite popular!), and there was a nearby 24-hour diner that was pretty good, I'd just look elsewhere for liquor as the liquor store down the block was heinously overpriced.

Thanks for hooking this deal up, Glenn.

- R

I don't know about the hotel itself since I didn't stay there but I did stay around the corner. The area itself wasn't that great, especially at night (got approached on Wed right outside of the Peachtree Mall Marta stop by a guy who goes "Need anything?"). However, it was about 6 blocks away from GSU and there were a ton of places to eat Wed/Thur/Fri. Not so much selection on Saturday but still enough places open to give you a choice. Plus the Peachtree Mall was like 2 blocks away right there and they also had a large food court (though it was far more overpriced than the places by GSU) and that was open Saturday. There also apparently was a kroger somewhere nearby but I didn't find it. For anyone not staying midtown if you're looking for a nice selection of food at a reasonable price, go the Five Points stop on Marta and they're not too far north from that. There was a few chinese places, some pizza places, a bento place (I had wonderful chicken teriyaki there), Moe's, Subway, Pizza Hut/KFC, a few delis, and more. There was also a 24 hr diner a little farther north closer to the mall. Plus, a ton of nice restaurants in the immediate area of the hotels if you're okay with spending more on food (and actually brought nice enough clothes for them to let you in). Though I have to wonder about a place called Ray's in the City having a sushi bar. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want my sushi from a guy named Ray.

I don't think this would be a choice for band accommodation's - because they aren't "suites" or anything - jsut a regular hotel room. That said - it was right across the street from a microbrew/pub, about 2 blocks in either direction to a MARTA stop and about 2 blocks from the Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, McDonalds, and a block from a liquor store.

The $109 for a room with 2 double beds isn't bad at all. There is a nice little courtyard that could be fun to party all night in - IF we metal heads take over the whole hotel (not too hard - it isn't a really big place).

It's a best western - so they are fairly generic all over the place.

Jeff

Okay, not sure why my post was deleted. I didn't give anything away, just had a valid concern with Inn at the Peachtrees.. one that makes all the difference as to whether or not I stay there. I'd like to stay there and show them that we can book their place solid, but I really am not interested if they are going to be doing renovations during that time or raising the prices.

Suite at the RI!!! If the price is going to spike and be that far away from the venue, I'd rather pay the slightly higher price and stay by the venue.