New hotel deal for attendees

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
New deal for ProgPower USA attendees! We have arranged a special rate with the Melia. $89/night. Pool & outdoor bar on the 4th floor roof, etc. It's located one block from the Marta station on the edge of midtown.

The Hotel Reservations number is 404-877-9000. You must use the promo code "progpower" when booking.

http://www.meliaatlanta.com/en/

section_en_8104.jpg

Thank you so much for the info Glenn. I am changing to this hotel, much better deal. Now I have more mulah for CD's :) Got my reservation!

Bear

It's located one block from the Marta station on the edge of midtown.

Exit at the North Avenue MARTA train station - it is two stops before the Arts Center train station when heading there from the airport. It's about 2 miles from the venue. To give you an idea of its location, it's located near The Varsity restaurant.

NOTE: the last train runs at 1:30am

Rookie's guide to MARTA

197358_10150116410152943_88398722942_6409528_6988548_n.jpg

~Jen

Feedback on this hotel? I know several of y'all stayed here..

~Jen

Feedback on this hotel? I know several of y'all stayed here..

~Jen

Consider this my permanent hotel as long as there is a prog power and y'all get the special rate...
Rooms were awesome,staff was awesome,didn't take advantage of the amenities due to circumstance(ie,driving so I couldn't hit the bar,and was a wee bit chilly and murky for the pool,next year being a week early better chance for pool use)
Also on a photographer level,there were so many locations to shoot(and I'm not counting the pool area),especially that cross walkway,I will be booking at least one shoot next year to take advantage of this location.

Yes it was a good hotel, the room was okay, pretty large and the staff was very friendly. The room had kind of an old TV and the TV Cabinet was beat up but I was hardly there so that didn't matter much. One thing that irked me was I left 5 Susan B Anthony's dollars on my desk and came back and there was only 2 left. I always tip at the end of my stay but that was the second day, c'mon!

The pool area was very nice but the furniture was a little beat up but that's what you get with outside furniture but very very spacious. I would love to have had a Prog Party there, we could have had the place to ourselves! I might stay there again but with all the walking I did, maybe someone where a little closer

419141_4689528686225_2104747359_n.jpg

Bear

I've stayed there in the past (not for ProgPower), and found it to be a nice place. Glad to hear people seemed to like it this year as well. If for some reason none of the close walking-distance hotels work out for 2013, this would likely be my next choice.