New Hypocrisy Album in March 2013

Different keys, different progressions... ?? even the intros

btw i got my limited edition from amazon... which had a magnet as a giveaway. Which kinda sad... compared to shot glasses.

The album is growing nicely with me. I would pretty much put it right up there with Virus and AToED at this point. The only complaint for me would be that Hedlund did not contribute with any song-writing. The 4 from AToED was among the best of the album and he has written or co-written some of my favorite Hypocrisy songs (usually they're real "hits" IMO). One or two from him would have really elevated this album. But its great to hear Szökes contribution (The Return). I hope he will contribute in the future aswell.

EoD will defenetly be among my favorite 2013 releases! :kickass:

I received an email from NB today saying that the Mailorder Box of EoD is on the way to the Down Under!!! \,,/ and when it arrives will be time for Tekila shots and lots of Hypocrisy!!!!

Great album. I've been listening to it non stop for over a week now and it's got a ton of replay value. It's more of an immediate listen than previous albums, but it's got enough going on to keep me listening. But to me, it doesn't really come close to ATOED. I listened to that album earlier today and it might be my favorite metal album of all time. That or Crowned in Terror.

I think the thing that bothers me is Peter saying that they kind of "got away from" the Hypocrisy sound. To me, their previous two albums were amazing and pure Hypocrisy. I don't get why he's stated that they've gotten away from that. But whatever, I think this album fits right in line with previous albums.

@Sickman, im pretty the same opinion about this album, atoed and the sound from the last both albums. but i was also wondering how this new album will sound like, because the sound from atoed is perfect imo, it is similiar to virus more than to any other album, but better. so i was wondering if they keep that way, it could only be something similiar to atoed, because the style of this album is perfect imo, can not be done better. and that wouldve been a bit boring..so im quite happy with this..actually not the best hypo album, but actually a cool album, i like the old school riffs.

"He´ll be the last man standing" -part sounds somehow funny and gives the Tales of Thy Spineless -song kind of loony atmosphere... The last megalomaniac standing... X-D

It sure took more than one listening to get in to these songs. But for me it is only good thing. If I "understand" them straight away, then they usually fade away much faster... But of course it would be nice, if all these songs would strike to you with the first listening... Then all could be totally hooked right away... heh-he...

Stories fits very nicely with music and some of them even perfectly. The whole album is great and some songs will definitely be my all time favorites :) like Hell Is Where I stay, The Return, Soldier of Fortune and Living Dead. ...and many others ;)

Finally got around to listening, and I'm actually really enjoying the album so far. I can't yet decide if I prefer it over ATOED; I still need to give it more listens. I have yet to listen to the bonus track, but IMO there aren't any real weak tracks on the album. My least favorite is probably the title track.

Regarding the sound, I did hear a bit more semblance to earlier tracks, specifically in some riffs and of course the hammer blast beats. Overall though, I wouldn't consider it to be any more pure than ATOED.

I just realized that is not in the Shot glass edition, I just got it!
544867_267297830073075_89247493_n.jpg

Just came her to say that album is awesome! As expected nothing crazy new and i like the course they have set with these few past albums and i love this album. These lyrical themes are awesome too. This gore bullshit is too cilche to me :D