New Hypocrisy=Stinking rotten piece of shit

:eek: :eek: ooooh,this is defintely bad news :( :(
i had heard only good comments so far..
i guess i'll have to hear myself....
but hmm i don't like slipknot.... this is baaaaaad

Yeah. The very last song on their 10 Years of Chaos and Confusion compilation/greatest hits cd is supposed to be what the new album's direction is. They are no longer Hypocrisy. They are Slipocrisy

R.I.P.
Hypocrisy 1992-2002

Originally posted by SlaughterofSoul

R.I.P.
Hypocrisy 1992-2002

Just like the True Mayhem 1986-1994, but well just wait for the new album and then express your opinions, you can't judge a band on one song only, it might just turn up that they recorded this song in a certain mood and the rest of the album will be recorded in yet another mood.
Or they just got sucky, also possible :rolleyes:

yeah that new song on the compilation :)mad: i usually hate compilations ) was sooooo shitty,fucked up,*insert qords displaying lack of quality* etc tec that i had even forgot it's existence :D amazing,huh?

and oh when i first listened to it i kept saying to myself "nah,it's your idea,there's just sth wrong with the production....relax,it's probably some experimenting like the "fuck you" song etc tec
and oooh this "fuck you" song is coooool, a bit cliché though....

hooooooly shit!!!

Originally posted by humus666

Just like the True Mayhem 1986-1994, but well just wait for the new album and then express your opinions, you can't judge a band on one song only, it might just turn up that they recorded this song in a certain mood and the rest of the album will be recorded in yet another mood.
Or they just got sucky, also possible :rolleyes:

i've heard the whole album. that song is a good indicator for the shittyiness of it.

and the last mayhem was fuckin good man...hehe.just my opinion

Originally posted by The Wanderer

and the last mayhem was fuckin good man...hehe.just my opinion

I have a copied CD of it, I never listened to the whole CD. I just got so bored after the first songs. Maybe someday I will listen to it again. Normally I'm very openminded about music, I even like some nu-metal, but well, it just bored me.

I hate it to say this but most of the comments above are true. Hypocrisy have quite given up their own identity and replaced it with unmotivated Nu-Metal-Style. Actually I would not have real problems with that if the songs were good. But they all f***ing suck! And the worst thing about it - a guy who's been the most well-known producer in extreme-metal-genre is not able to do an ass-kicking sound at all!!!
What I do not understand is how a band who's done an outstanding album like "Hypocrisy" and given new perspectives in modern death metal can perform such crap?!? I mean "Into the Abyss" was a bad album as well but nevertheless the band showed that they don't care about anything and do what they want. With "Catch 22" however they could have had the possibility to combine their melodic DM with the Nu-Metal stuff and it perhaps would have been a masterpiece of commercial extreme metal. And they'd have deserved it! But now?!? Nevertheless (and at least!) I don't find much Slipknot-Influences in their music...

It seems that Hypocrisy are facing a burnout-syndrom at the moment, otherwise I cannot explain this musical blackout :eek:

i agree with you medion. Where are the awesome vox of Peter? where is the talent which gave us a masterpiece "Hypocrisy"? I also wouldn't had a problem with their new stuff if it wouldn't suck! i have hoped and tried to find a good song on the new album but no it doesn't seem to be found. Now personally i like Pain much more than this new stuff. And i really hope that what you said Medion is true that they have burned out you could already see that in the "into the abyss" album but there were still great songs on it and the talent. I really hope they do whatever they need to get it all straight again maybe take vacation or something to refresh their ideas and give us a follow up to the awesome self-titled!

I like Peter Tagtgren's Pain project alot. I'm looking forward to Hypocrisy cd and I don't hear Slipknot but there's groove while Death Metal needs a groove and not wall to Wall of guitars. I'm glad Peter Tagtgren put the vocals up front.

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....
Ill have to hear it to believe it. Hypocrisy is one of the best bands!

I agree, but with all these comments it doesn't seem very promising.
And on a side note am I the only fucker that doesn't Hate Grand Declaration of War (it is not my favorite Mayhem...but damn people, true this true that:bah: :rolleyes: :Smokedev:

I also can't believe this what i am reading. I mean, I have been listening to metal for quite some time now and Hypocrisy to me were like FUCKING RAD, and i had soo much respect for them because of the music they played. But if I am reading correctly, that respect might have been blown out the window somewhat.
I just don't understand what would make them change to a style so different...