New Iced Earth Songs

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Red Baron / Blue Max
7/10

Sounds very much like something from the last Jag Panzer (Mech Warfare) album...Ripper sounds a little like Harry Conklin here. The inter-vocal riff reminds me of Heaven Denies from Demons and Wizards.

The Reckoning
8.5/10

Definitely a carry over from the Horror Show album - the intro/chorus choir vocals remind me of Damien (one of the better songs on HS). Ripper just fucking erupts on the verse - singing with complete confidence - his vibrato is on top form!! Very impressive. The instrumental interlude is cool, with Ripper's vocals taking over at the end.

Hollowman
7.5/10

Acoustic slow number, in the vein of Watching Over Me perhaps. Catchy chorus that will probably have people singing along when they play this live. Again, during the multi-layer vocal parts, I can't help but hear Jag Panzer...

Overall not bad I'll admit. Have to hear the album in its entirety to pass judgement, obviously, and these are good little appetizers.

I've tried so many times over the years to like Iced Earth, and my opinion has always been: snuh.

I'll say that right off the bat, the Ripper songs sound better to me, so I'm interested to hear the album. However, one of the (but not the main) reasons IE has always bugged me (especially recently) is the retarded ass cheeseball lyrics. It doesn't sound like this has changed at all.

I never really liked IE until I saw them live. Their Something Wicked trilogy is pretty cool, and the stuff they did live from Horror Show bought some of that stuff to life. Definitley a band that's better live than in the studio.

I need to hear more with Owens. In the meantime, here is the link to the samples that I should have posted at the beginning of the thread...http://www.icedearth.com/html/sounds.htm

JayKeeley said:
I never really liked IE until I saw them live. Their Something Wicked trilogy is pretty cool, and the stuff they did live from Horror Show bought some of that stuff to life. Definitley a band that's better live than in the studio.

I can go along with that, I have heard most of their albums, and the one I like the best is Alive In Athens.