New Iced Earth

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
After listening to The Reckoning promo from "The Glorious Burden" (courtesy of Get Ready to Rock, cheers again Jason :)) i begrudgingly admit that Ripper fits in "quite" well... A very good vocal performance which i'll be able to scrutinise more when i hear the whole album. For those of you who don't know, i'm a big Matt Barlow fan....i will however keep an open mind.

I've said many times before on other forums, I'm quite looking forward to this new album cos I thought Matt Barlow was quite naff but Ripper would fit in very well into Iced Earth's style of music. I ain't heard any samples or anything but I'm going on my instinct alone to reckon that the album will be worth buying :)

I got it last week, and i have to say it's growing on me. Yes i do hear comparisons vocally with Judas Priest because of Tim's range but once you get used to that it's okay. It'll take a few more listens but i don't think Tim has set Iced Earth back at all but of course he'll never better Matt ;)

sean-intense said:
I got it last week, and i have to say it's growing on me. Yes i do hear comparisons vocally with Judas Priest because of Tim's range but once you get used to that it's okay. It'll take a few more listens but i don't think Tim has set Iced Earth back at all but of course he'll never better Matt ;)
Most bands need a change at some stage in their career to save themselves from becoming too relaxed or even dull.Ripper came into Judas Priest at just the right time and made some fantastic albums with the band.How would he now cope going into another great band Iced Earth.The answer a total success he has breathed fresh air into Iced Earth just the same as he did to Judas Priest.The Glorious Burden is a totally brilliant album just what Iced Earth needed.Judas Priest lost is now Iced Earths gain.It will take a really special album to dislodge The Glorious Burden as my album of the year even at this early stage.