New iMac 24"/firewire interface?

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
So I got the new iMac 24" for all my bedroom needs. It's come to my attention (altho a bit late):lol: that I have no idea what interface to get. :erk:

Running Logic Pro 8.

My needs:

Need to just record guitar/bass/keys/vocals NO drums.
Using Superior 2.0/AD/EZ drummer for drums/assortment of crazy digital stuff.
Revalver MKIII/Guitar rig 3/Amplitube metal for guitars & Ampeg SVX for bass (for better or for worst)

Suggestions?

Searching the forum I saw Focusrite Saffire & PreSonus Firepod. What ya think?

I don't have powered monitors (@ home) so I have to use an amp.

This will be used for making crazy fuck shit music. Think Katatonia on Skinny Puppy acid while Marilyn Manson is jerking off Trent Reznor. :zombie:

dam I need some sleep ......

i think you don't need something that has as many inputs as the Saffire or the FirePod if you are not going to record drums. Something with 2 to 4 inputs (and maybe two mic pres) should do. and maybe a midi i/o if you're planning on using that for drum programming ease.

Hahahahaha, MBOX? I have a hard time thinking of a worse choice if he's not using PT, no one is gonna complement Digidesign on their interface quality :lol: :puke: I'd say Duet also, if you can afford it - not the sexiest thing, and the breakout cables are annoying, but those are small prices to pay for its (alleged) quality!

Thanks everyone for the reply. The Duet huh? I'm going to check it out right now to see what it offers and how much it cost. I'll be back in a couple.

I have a Emagic amt8 for midi. Assuming the drivers work on this system OS X 10.5.4 then I'll just use that (8 in 8 out).