new image?

king_chicken

Sep 21, 2005
i dont now about you guys, but i think that since opeth signed to roadrunner their image has changed. they have changed from, what i took to be ridiculously chilled to an almost strapping young lad image
what are your views?

They certainly seem to be enjoying themselves more in the live setting with Jokes about bass player, and covers of Bille Jean getting thrown in.

They are just enjoying all the cash they are getting, signed with the same lable as Slipknot. Opeth 4-ever!

king_chicken said:
i dont now about you guys, but i think that since opeth signed to roadrunner their image has changed. they have changed from, what i took to be ridiculously chilled to an almost strapping young lad image
what are your views?

mike and peter dont appear to be doing anything they didnt normally do. the promo photos were taken during the summer, so those big leather and fur coats werent entirely necessary.

the martins however look like theyre going to join stuck mojo or children of bodom. :err:

And what about the "video" that leaked onto the internet, the one with the night vision... seriously, I bet they did it on purpose.

Actually, I noticed no change... I mean certain things do change overtime but I think that's typical of everybody, not just members of RR ;)

What video are you talking about?

NineFeetUnderground said:
mike and peter dont appear to be doing anything they didnt normally do. the promo photos were taken during the summer, so those big leather and fur coats werent entirely necessary.

the martins however look like theyre going to join stuck mojo or children of bodom. :err:

So very true.

Yup it's been discussed before and the promo pics look stupid, as they were taken in the summer on a concert date with the band wearing their gig-clothing.
If I didn't know about Opeth, and someone tried to introduce me through me these new pics + video... I think i'd be turned off :cry: