New interface and mic

zer0_c00l

Dec 18, 2006
So I earned some money and decided to buy a new interface, I have a shitty Creative one.

I'm gonna buy a M-Audio Profire 2626 wich seems perfect as I will get it in second hand for 375€ and it's almost a lifetime investment.

Also I would like to buy a condenser mic for recording some vocals, and I'm dealing a Audio Technica AT3525 for 100€, wich seems pretty cool as I can't afford much more and had some guys recommending me Audio Technica over the AKG Perception series.

Tell me wadda ya think.

Cumps.

Impressive as this has 86 views and nobody said anything, seriously, is this that bad?

Haha no, the 2626 is a good and expandable (ADAT!) interface and as you said, it will take some time to get to the point where it's holding you back quality-wise :)
Dunno the AT 3626 but I really like my 4040.. Personally I'd save a little more cash and then lurk on ebay/gearslutz/etc and try to get a used AT4040 or Shure Sm7b.. because that too will be pretty much a life-time investment imho. Buy cheap and you buy twice ;)

I just don't buy a better one (like the AT4040) because i don't really have enough money, and I've never had a condenser mic...

I think it's already pretty good.

the first mic i ever bought was an mxl 3000 for 99$ and i think it sounds awesome!