New Intervals Album - JVal P/E/M, legitimately interesting/unique

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Came across this yesterday after having dismissed the band based on the name (plural noun tends to = medioxcore djent) but am glad I actually listened. This is the first unique/interest metal band I've heard in a long time and the production courtesy of JVal (http://jordanvaleriote.com/wp/) is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I also totally thought this band was terrible djent. This sounds like a metal version of The Dear Hunter. Neat.

edit: but the singer's voice reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold.

Yeah I love these guys, saw them with my GF last month supporting Protest the Hero and Tesseract and they slayed. I spoke to them after the show and just fangirl'd so hard :lol:

Whilst there are a lot of pluradjent bands don't dismiss as you can miss out, case in point with Intervals, their drummer is the touring drummer for Jeff Loomis (solo).

Also check out Plini.

Their drummer is like one of the sickest "Youtube drummers"
He has his own solo project. Guitars and bass are programmed.
It has a lot of chuggy patterns that a lot of people might find boring, but from a drummer's point of view it's da bes mane

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of a more progressive/metal version of an old Chicago band called Shades of Fiction, especially the drumming and vocals.

I wish Shades had something up I could post, but they've sadly been gone for a while.

That's the dude who sang on "The Haarp Machine" album which split up badly last year. This is great.