New Iron Maiden September 4th!

IRON MAIDEN - OLD-SCHOOL ARCADE VIDEO FOR "SPEED OF LIGHT" UNVEILED!

"...Written by guitarist Adrian Smith and vocalist Bruce Dickinson, the “Speed of Light” video was produced and directed by Llexi Leon with animation and visual effects by The Brewery Production Company. A huge Iron Maiden fan, this is Llexi Leon’s first music video. Creator of the cult comic book series Eternal Descent – an IP that digitally animated a cast list of metal and hard rock luminaries, Leon has further expanded into the video gaming industry. He chose to collaborate with The Brewery who’s previous film credits include 2010’s punk-rock inspired Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll with Andy Serkis, 2012’s music festival themed Spike Island with Emilia Clarke & more recently were providing VFX for the Sky Atlantic biopic on Ian Fleming. The video is a ‘homage’ to four decades of video gaming juxta-posed alongside Iron Maiden’s 40 years of incredible visual canon centering on their talisman, Eddie as he travels through space and time to complete his Herculean task...."

Last edited by a moderator:
IRON MAIDEN’S DAVE MURRAY DISCUSSES RAPID-FIRE RECORDINGS FOR THE BOOK OF SOULS - “BASICALLY WE WERE FLYING BY THE SEAT OF OUR PANTS BECAUSE WE NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS COMING NEXT”

Dave Murray explains that Maiden were flying by the seat of their pants in the studio for this one…

"On previous albums we've usually gone into a rehearsal room for maybe a couple of weeks and maybe have four or five songs under our belts. Then we'd go into the studio and start recording, and the rest of the material would be written while we were there. But this time we went in there with a blank page and a bunch of ideas.”

"It was a really fun experience because it keeps you on your toes," adds Dave of Maiden's rapid fire working method with producer Kevin Shirley. "You have to be really sharp. We're scribbling guitar chords down, melodies and harmonies, changes… basically we were flying by the seat of our pants because we never knew what was coming next. But it was wonderful how things kept flowing."

TROOPER PREMIUM BRITISH BEER PRESENTS THE BOOK OF SOULS LISTENING PARTIES ACROSS THE US

"...Following the announcement of two special, sold out The Book Of Souls playback events hosted by Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain at his Rock N Roll Ribs restaurant in Coconut Creek, FL. on September 3rd, Trooper, the premium British beer created by Iron Maiden and handcrafted by Robinsons’ brewery in England, is proud to present nationwide playback parties held in 24 retail outlets and 22 bars, restaurants and ale houses across the US. These special listening events are free and open to the public and will give fans a chance to hear Iron Maiden’s new album, The Book of Souls, in its entirety before its official release on September 4th...."

Book Of Souls Listening Parties

September
3 - Nicko’s Rock N Roll Ribs (3:30pm) - Coconut Creek, FL (Sold Out)
3 - Nicko’s Rock N Roll Ribs (9:00pm) - Coconut Creek, FL (Sold Out)
3 - Grumpy’s NE (6:30pm) - Minneapolis, MN
3 - Melt Bar N’ Grilled (8:30pm) - Lakewood, OH
3 - House of Blues (9:00pm) - Chicago, IL
3 - House of Blues (7:00pm) - Anaheim, CA
3 - BBD’s Beers Burgers Desserts (6:00pm) - Rocky Point, NY
3 - The Mix (8:00PM) - Seattle, WA
3 - North Side Yacht Club (10:00pm) - Cincinnati, OH
3 - The Craftsman Ale House (9:00pm) - Harrison, NY
3 - Brotzeit Lokal (7:00pm) - Oakland, CA
3 - Rascals (8:00pm) - Moline, IL
3 - The Basement East (7:00pm) - Nashville, TN
3 - Hurry Back (8:00pm) - Nashville, TN
3 - Liquid Smoke (9:00pm) - Murfreeboro, TN
3 - Riot Room (7:00PM) - Kansas City, MO
3 - Toronado (6:00PM) - Seattle, WA
3 - Rippers Rock House (7:00pm) - Akron, OH
3 - The Bucket Trade (9:00pm) - Chester, VA
3 - Dearborn Music - Detroit, MI *
3 - Graywhale - Salt Lake City, UT *
3 - Easy Street - Seattle, WA *
3 - Twist & Shout - Denver, CO *
3 - Music Millennium - Portland, OR *
3 - Record Exchange - Bosie, ID *
3 - Plan 9 - Richmond, VA *
3 - Reckless - Chicago, IL *
3 - Salzers - Ventura, CA *
3 - Vintage Vinyl - Fords, NJ *
3 - Waterloo - Austin, TX *
3 - Zia - Phoenix, AZ *
3 - Zia - Las Vegas, NV *
3 - Culture Clash - Toledo, OH *
3 - Criminal Records - Atlanta, GA *
3 - Looney Tunes - Long Island, NY *
3 - Darkside Records - Poughkeepsie, NY *
3 - Record Archive - Rochester, NY *
3 - Dimple Records - Roseville, CA *
3 - Radioactive Records - Ft. Lauderdale, FL *
3 - Grimey's - Nashville, TN *
3 - Sound Garden - Baltimore, MD *
3 - Rhino Records - Claremont, CA *
3 - Sound Garden - Syracuse, NY *
4 - World of Beer (7:00pm) - Sugar Land, TX
4 - Crows Nest (8:00pm) - Maplewood, MO
8 - Cigars and Stripes (8:00pm) - Berwyn, IL

* Please note alcohol will not be served at record stores and retail outlets.

For event information go to: http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/usa

IRON MAIDEN AND THE BOOK OF SOULS GO JUMBO ON MASSIVE 2016 WORLD TOUR; BRUCE DICKINSON TO CAPTAIN / PILOT BOEING 747-400 TO PLAY IN SIX OF SEVEN CONTINENTS AROUND THE GLOBE

edforceone.jpg

Its always great to see positive review, but its blabbermouth. The only thing less reliable would be a metalsucks review :Spin:

What's funny about the review is there are so many backhanded comments about the songs that it's a wonder he gave it anything higher than a 7. "The opening of "If Eternity Should Fall" is an awkward splash of squelchy synths, "While everything about "The Red and the Black" has been done before", "MAIDEN fans will enjoy a chuckle at the hijacking of "Wasted Year's core melody which serves up the trad stomper "Shadows of the Valley".

Listening to it myself that's about where I'd rate it. Nothing on the disc come close to touching Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son. In fact when listening to it shades of Death Magnetic pop into my head..somewhat rehashed, solid but not outstanding.

What's funny about the review is there are so many backhanded comments about the songs that it's a wonder he gave it anything higher than a 7. "The opening of "If Eternity Should Fall" is an awkward splash of squelchy synths, "While everything about "The Red and the Black" has been done before", "MAIDEN fans will enjoy a chuckle at the hijacking of "Wasted Year's core melody which serves up the trad stomper "Shadows of the Valley".

Listening to it myself that's about where I'd rate it. Nothing on the disc come close to touching Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time or Seventh Son. In fact when listening to it shades of Death Magnetic pop into my head..somewhat rehashed, solid but not outstanding.

Yeah, its a solid album but no classic. And there was absolutely no need for it to be a double album, bunch of songs should have been cut out.

Yes, it does seem a little bloated. But honestly, the post reunion era takes a different listening approach for me. On the last few albums, I have not loved them on the first couple of listens, but have really grown to enjoy them. They don't really write short catchy bursts anymore; they really have almost become a prog-metal band at this point. So some of the songs tend to be more complicated and less immediate. Some of these bigger epics feel overwrought, but others really come to life when you invest the time. I think I am going to hold off until I have a bunch of listens under my belt before passing judgement on this one.

Yeah, its a solid album but no classic. And there was absolutely no need for it to be a double album, bunch of songs should have been cut out.

Especially the last 18 minutes song. In the review they said that everyone brought material to the recording session, it sounded like they took what was left over and threw it together.

With very few exceptions, this seems to be the plight of a band with such a plethora of classic material. You work hard on new stuff, and inevitably it is compared to stuff we've had the pleasure of listening to for 20-30 years and it doesn't seem as good because it's not the same.

I, for one, am very excited for this album.

The repetition of the chorus's drives me so fucking crazy! As with the last 3 Maiden discs, there's too much fluff and filler here to consider this a classic.
There are some strong points within, but overall it's just another average Maiden album. Too me Bruce has lost just a touch of his high end and it is almost a distraction.
Not that he sounds bad, he's similar to Halford in that he's lost a bit of register and it's noticeable
I'll listen a few more times before I can make a true judgement