New Job For A Cowboy

Fucking awesome! Was looking forward to this so much after the gloom stuff! First time I've really liked the band! Fucking good as :p

it sounds different & not typical but still punchy which is awesome

having a production outside the norm and helping to set it apart from whatever else might come out in the next few months can only be a good thing

quite a few people had shit to say about Mastadon's "Crack the Sky" when it 1st came out too

I'd really like to hear that song through your ears to actually enjoy it :)

I've heard albums that were straight up bad sounding that I was still able to enjoy thoroughly ;)

there's also plenty of shit out there with stellar productions that I can't listen to for more than a few minutes

each there own though :)

I use passive pickups. We recorded everything with passives. Not feeling the traditional EMG sound.
Cool some of you guys dig it. We wrote music we wanted to write. I wrote a ton on the album so if anyone is complaining it sounds different it's because it is hahaha.

We wanted prominent bass and cutting guits. Suecof did a killer job doing what we wanted.

each there own though :)

Off-Topic:

Did you know that they had this saying on the gate to the concentration camp Buchenwald ;)?

3364424,1345234,highRes,maxh,480,maxw,480,KZ-Gedenkst%25C3%25A4tte+%2528media_634215%2529.jpg

Since I know about I don't say it anymore :D Don't get me wrong... just sayin' ;)

On-Topic:

I like a lot of bad productions, too. I think the mix is ok but nothing fancy. Cool if Suecof just did what the Band asked for. Changes are good but not for everybody and this is not for me :)

Off-Topic:

Did you know that they had this saying on the gate to the concentration camp Buchenwald ;)?

3364424,1345234,highRes,maxh,480,maxw,480,KZ-Gedenkst%25C3%25A4tte+%2528media_634215%2529.jpg

Since I know about I don't say it anymore :D Don't get me wrong... just sayin' ;)

On-Topic:

I like a lot of bad productions, too. I think the mix is ok but nothing fancy. Cool if Suecof just did what the Band asked for. Changes are good but not for everybody and this is not for me :)

no, I didn't know that actually. kinda fucked up but that expression is older than dirt here (to use another expression ... hopefully that wasn't posted at the entrance to Treblinka or something :p )

Did YOU know Hitler had a tattoo that said "Just sayin"? :D

Back OT - I dunno man, I'm just not bothered by the sound at all .... I like hearing different approaches to mixes like this. Its part of what gives an album its own identity, not just from other bands but even just from other albums by the same band. But hey, agree to disagree :)

I use passive pickups. We recorded everything with passives. Not feeling the traditional EMG sound.
Cool some of you guys dig it. We wrote music we wanted to write. I wrote a ton on the album so if anyone is complaining it sounds different it's because it is hahaha.

We wanted prominent bass and cutting guits. Suecof did a killer job doing what we wanted.

I love everything about this post. It sounds like a real band playing technical music. Everything fits the mood/vibe to my ears, not hearing any of the guitar/kick issues anyone else is. People get way too nitpicky - if it fits, it fits.

I gotta say I DO love the production on this. It's different, but I like it. I was never a fan of the band before, but I like this. Maybe that has something to do with Tony's guitar playing. :) (which is great, btw)

People be hatin', just because it is not the exact ultra generic metal mix of EMG81+od808+5150+rectifier4x12+sm57, slate sampled kit, super dry in your face vocals, etc, etc, does not mean anything. Some people just have one idea of what a good mix sounds like. This sounds awesome and vibes pretty hard. Suecof knows what he's doing, and I'm sure he did exactly what the band wanted from him, and that's all that matters. What doesn't matter is if some kids on a forum think it sounds bad...lol. I'm also sure that their style has changed since that (awful) Doom EP because they uhm....wanted to write better music.

Props, sounds good.

I love everything about this post. It sounds like a real band playing technical music. Everything fits the mood/vibe to my ears, not hearing any of the guitar/kick issues anyone else is. People get way too nitpicky - if it fits, it fits.

well.. seriously, it's not nitpickin, i just don't like (the highend of) the kick... i'm not hatin at all... that's just my point of view. and to add that: to me it doesnt sound like a band playing technical music, the kick just doesnt sound like a natural kick to me

well.. seriously, it's not nitpickin, i just don't like (the highend of) the kick... i'm not hatin at all... that's just my point of view. and to add that: to me it doesnt sound like a band playing technical music, the kick just doesnt sound like a natural kick to me

For the record, my comment wasn't directed at you, it just came out like that.

You've never seen a band use triggers live?