New Kemper firmware with new profiling algo

Being able to profile an amp directly is one thing that has been missing since the beginning. I may have to pick another Kemper up this year.

Great news!
Anyway no it didn't profile amp and cab separately

You are right, but you were able to separate them. Remember the also had the cab maker for preamp profiles.
Rig exchange had lots of preamp profiles so you could load cabs or impulses

It's not complicated, the new way works like this from what I understood:

- You profile your normal chain (Amp, cab, mic -> kemper)

- You make the direct profile (Amp -> Powerampout -> Kemper).
You need a DI box that can handle speaker signals for that. Still also need to connect it to the cab, if it isn't a loadbox. Then the DI box sends the powerampout signal converted as a normal symmetric signal to the kemper.

- You combine those 2 profiles to a "merged" profile. Kemper substracts the 2nd profile from the first (I assume), and you are left with just the cab und mic.

That merged profile still works like the normal profiles from before, but you can switch cabs and amps a lot more accurate, plus it is supposed to sound a lot better through a real cab as well now.

It's not complicated, the new way works like this from what I understood:

- You profile your normal chain (Amp, cab, mic -> kemper)

- You make the direct profile (Amp -> Powerampout -> Kemper).
You need a DI box that can handle speaker signals for that. Still also need to connect it to the cab, if it isn't a loadbox. Then the DI box sends the powerampout signal converted as a normal symmetric signal to the kemper.

- You combine those 2 profiles to a "merged" profile. Kemper substracts the 2nd profile from the first (I assume), and you are left with just the cab und mic.

That merged profile still works like the normal profiles from before, but you can switch cabs and amps a lot more accurate, plus it is supposed to sound a lot better through a real cab as well now.

Indeed. And they are also building load boxes it seems.
https://www.facebook.com/kemperamps/photos/pcb.1031289560220700/1031289286887394/?type=1&theater

New firmware is not coming out today. Apparently that press release was a mistake.

kemper facebook latest news.
facebook.com/kemperamps

"IMPORTANT INFO!
Good Morning, NAMM is starting in 2 hrs. And we are have some updated info for you.
In the Firmware 3.0 press release is stated that 3.0 is available immediately. This is not true. Firmware 3.0 will become available during Q1. What we are showing at NAMM is already a very late beta of that. So you'll have access to 3.0 very soon!
Sorry for the inconvenience."

They said they won't likely be making a load-box/DI since you can use any DI that has enough pads to handle a speaker level.

Even Behringer and ART DI's can handle that! It is great news since you can start profiling the heads right away!

You are right, but you were able to separate them. Remember the also had the cab maker for preamp profiles.
Rig exchange had lots of preamp profiles so you could load cabs or impulses

sure you were able to separate them but the distortion is the same across all stuff you profile... unless you throw a cab in.
With this new profile you have an intact preamp and poweramp profile