New Kemper Firmware

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Now public: 1.6.0 Public Beta with lots of new features and Rig Pack 04
This beta firmware introduces a ducking parameter, new effects, Aux-In, S/PDIF Out volume control, erase of non-favourite rigs, selective export, as well as a completely revised package of local presets for stomps/effects, delay, reverb, and Stack section. Aliasing is avoided and the Noise Gate has been optimized for clean sounds.At the same time we are releasing the new ‘Rig Pack 04’, which does include 19 rigs demonstrating the application of the new ducking parameter as well as other effects plus 5 rigs tailored for Acoustic guitars. ‘Rig Pack 04’ can be downloaded from our web-page

---------------

All you Kemper owners head over to the Kemper site for more info on downloads!

Heres the breakdown.........

Kemper Profiler Operating System 1.6.0 Public BetaWarnings

- Should you retain more than 1000 rigs/presets on your Profiler this upgrade might fail.
- Downgrading to firmware before 1.5.0 might require a reset. Please refer to known issues for details.

Audio

- added: Ducking parameter added for many effects (modulation, delay, reverb).*
- added: new effect types Phaser Vibe, Phaser Oneway, Flanger Oneway
- changed: Green Scream improved
- fixed: aliasing avoided
* The new ‘Rig Pack 04’ does include sample applications of ducking as well as other effects and 5 rigs tailored for acoustic guitars. ‘Rig Pack 04’ can be downloaded from our web-page.

Factory Rigs

- added: The Amp Factory Rig Pack included in firmware**
** New factory rigs can be imported via ‘Factory Rig’ import function in the System Menu or selectively by downloading ‘The Amp Factory Rig Pack’ from our web page.

Factory Presets

- added: new Amp, EQ, Cabinet, and Stack presets***
- added: complete set of stomp/effect presets for all effect types***
- changed: consistent naming convention for all factory presets (please refer to Preset Reference List in order to identify successors of your favourite factory presets)
*** Complete set of factory presets will be imported and replace former factory presets during upgrade, factory rig import as well as restore of old backups. Presets created by users won’t be affected.

User Interface

- added: Aux In via Return and Alternative In; volume control in Master/Output Section; mixed into Master Stereo signal
- added: S/PDIF Volume control in Master/Output Section
- added: erase of all rigs, which are not Favourites nor My Rigs (in System menu)
- added: selective export of rigs corresponding to current view
- changed: first button hit in drop-list control (view and sorted by) does not change the value

Performance and Stability

- fixed: STORE/REPLACE after loading rig outside of current view via MIDI doesn’t overwrite another rig anymore
- fixed: S/PDIF not muted anymore after upgrade
- fixed: Direct Out volume doesn’t influence Monitor Out volume anymore, when Master is selected as source
- fixed: occasional assertion after update

Known Issues

- Upgrading with more than 1000 rigs and presets might cause issues because of insufficient memory. Therefor please reduce the number of rigs and presets to 1000 before you initiate the upgrade. If you need to delete large amounts of rigs there is a convenient method, which is described in a documents, that you can access via our forum under the following link:
http://www.kemper-amps.com/?go=rigmanagement
- Downgrading to earlier firmware (e. g. 1.1.0 Release and 1.1.1 Public Beta) might cause a software issue, which can be overcome by a reset of global settings (push and hold the SYSTEM button, while starting the unit). If you need to recover your global settings, please create a backup before you upgrade. You are then able to restore your global settings if needed.
- After scrolling through MIDI Program Change numbers on page 5/8 of the System menu and selecting another MIDI Program Change number without assigning it, no MIDI Program Change number will get displayed on the main screen. However the original MIDI Program Change number will still be functional.
- After changing view or sort criteria the MIDI Program Change of the actual rig isn’t displayed anymore on the main screen, but it is still functional.

Downloaded and installed - all good. Have the morning off tomorrow so enough time to play with some of the new features....now off to a couple of beers....

I keep oscillating between gassing the fuck up for one of these, and then being just happy with what I've got. But the Kemper and a poweramp in the cavity (turrr hurrrr) would be super portable for touring with.

Looks great! I must say that one of the reasons I've been sceptical towards the Kemper is that the firmware didn't seem to be ready so the fact that firmware updates do exist is a big step forward for me atleast. I'd love to hear some clips as soon as you guys get it installed!!

HOORAY!! Green Scream is perfection now....loving it from my first couple of quick tests. I don't have a hardware Screamer at home to compare (only at the Studio) but it saturates and sings like I am used to from my OD808 now. Great work Kemper!

Sweet. Will try to check this out today. I wish they would add some more out there effects like crystals, shimmer, etc.... If so, I'd ditch my Eventide pedals.

I'm still iffy about my Kemper in general. I like it more than any other modelers I've used, but I still enjoy sitting in front of a cab and playing better. (I'll admit that might be more due to the cab than the amp though... Kemper -> poweramp -> cab might be equally as satisfying.)

HOORAY!! Green Scream is perfection now....loving it from my first couple of quick tests. I don't have a hardware Screamer at home to compare (only at the Studio) but it saturates and sings like I am used to from my OD808 now. Great work Kemper!
I will download it today and compare it to my hardware screamer.