New Keyboard

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
The time has come to retire my beloved Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. Unfortunately you can't get these in Australia anymore, so I'm stuck having to move to another model. I tried a Razer Deathstalker, but it feels like a pile of garbage, comparatively. Anybody have suggestions on which keyboards have a similar feel to the Illuminated Keyboard?

Do you have specific needs, or does the normal set of keys satisfy you (as in, do you need macro keys etc). Do you like them gamer-style and mechanic (with a clear clic every time you press a key) ?

The Logitech Illuminated Keyboard rocks. I am typing from it now. I am sorry to hear about your loss and wish I could offer something other than my condolences.

I use a Logitech G510. It lights up and has the macro keys and you can program all kinds of stuff.

I've only set up a few macros so far but they definitely help workflow. Such as a single key press starts record, another key ends record + deletes take, and one that ends record + saves take.

I don't necessarily need a mechanical keyboard, nor macros. Mostly just after good feel and response from the standard keys. The Illuminated Keyboard was almost literally perfect. The closer I can find to that, the better.

Perhaps some of the other Logitech models are in a similar vein.

check out the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Gaming Keyboard
it has a very similar look and feel imho. the only downside are the S1-6 buttons on the left side.
most people have problems with orientation as the confuse these with the actual first row of keys...

gm_swx4_otherviews01.jpg

check out the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Gaming Keyboard
it has a very similar look and feel imho. the only downside are the S1-6 buttons on the left side.
most people have problems with orientation as the confuse these with the actual first row of keys...

gm_swx4_otherviews01.jpg

I've had this keyboard for the last 3 years. Love it.

I took a plunge into mechanical KBs after a while and haven't looked back. Most soft-dome boards that I've revisited, began to make me develop pain in the joints of my fingers and hands (which was already problem prior to my getting my mech DAS). Apparently when I type, I do it with the force I would employ when killing moles that seek to be whacked. The mechanical at least has helped me to lay off that tension.

Although macros may not be your way... I love my G13, and the amount of bullshit you can assign to it is simply stellar :) Plus it has a small footprint as opposed to adding a ridiculous 4-5" onto your current kb for its own built in set of macro buttons.

My G13 coupled with GridMove makes it an instant breeze to arrange my windows the way I wish (I'm a bit ocd concerning window space management lol.) Although you don't really need a macro enabled board to use gridmove (windows key & #1-0), but I have to delegate SOMETHING to the G13's POV hat :lol:

That's assuming you're on windows, if not I believe there are other alternatives for Mac users too.

I have used the Logitech Illuminated board though (the wireless one yes?) so I get why the feel is appealing... Not sure though if I would choose it over a mech as I haven't typed on one for a good while now. I guess I just prefer clicky noise and racket : /

Sry, wanted to yet again second the earlier mention of the G13 lol

c5087f5f-b9e4-468e-ac25-23a690fa2013_zps9ac76398.png

Not to mention my shitty mouse hand began having problems as well... and (yes I'm a logi fanboy)
I nabbed a G600 the moment the came out. Relegating double & triple clicks alone have saved my digits... or at least expanded their life-use by a few years lol

26e9e954-2fa2-427b-a665-a0f15db7b6aa_zps8db1c8a9.png